Chapter 6

TaeNa

I stood beside the two of them awkwardly, one wearing back her clothes as if she is competing and one who didn't know what to do and is looking down on the floor with his briefs still on. They didn't get to that part and I walked in on them. Awkward.

I know but I got no choice. I woke up to these noises of them kissing and wanted to know what are they and I regretted waking up. Really.

"Jungmin ssi, I'll see you another time." She said and got out of the house carrying her high heels in one hand. He didn't say anything to her, still looking down at the floor with an uncertain expression.

The door opened and he cleared his throat going into the room. He pushed out my luggage and I stopped him by grabbing the handle. "What do you think that you are doing?"

"You are not supposed to be here, go back home. Auntie Youngji would be so worried." He said looking me into the eye. "Does she know about you staying here?" She was the one that kicked out of the house, why would she not know about it?

"Why would you care? You are the one that should return home."

"I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"I should ask the same about you. Why are you here instead of being at home?"

The telephone suddenly rang and he picked up the call. "Oh hyung?" It must be Oppa that is calling him. He is the only person that would call at this time.

"Yes, Noona is with me." I began sneakily putting my luggage back into the room while he is still on the phone with Taewoon Oppa.

I'm not that stupid to wait for him to kick me out since Taewoon Oppa has already arranged for me to stay here for the time being, why would I leave just like that? I should use it to its full advantages, especially when it is so near to the hospital.

He came knocking on the door a few minutes later, he must be done on the phone with Taewoon Oppa and I locked it, not letting him in. "Noona, open the door!"

"Why should I?"

"Just open the door for me, please. I am only dressed in only briefs and I need to change so that I wouldn't catch a cold."

"Not till you tell the reason why you left home to stay here." I want to know exactly why is he for so that I can feel a bit safe staying here with him.

"Not telling! Just open the damn door for me."

"Is it a 4-word answer or a 7-word answer? Just say it out, you already knew my reason so it would be reasonable for you to tell me as well."

He went silent for a while. "Fine, it is a 4-word answer."

"What kind of a 4-word answer is it? Is it you were kicked out like I or I decided to live on my own which is a 7-word answer?"

"Both. Now just open the door." I opened the door and he was going to fall down at any moment. I stood 3 meters for him to fall down without me being under him like in those Rom-com dramas.

(Rom-com is a drama genre of Romance and Comedy and it is my favourite genre.)

I watched him fall down face flat on the floor and burst into laughter. How can someone fall down like that? It is like a book falling out of the bookshelves because there was no space left.

He got up and his whole face is so red that I don't know if it is painful or just being embarrassed. "Why did you fall down?"

"I was leaning against the wall, that's why. Why are you back here again?"

"I'm staying here, Oppa has allowed me to."

"But you didn't ask the other tenant and I don't allow you to stay here."

"Why? It is near to my workplace and I can wake up slightly late for work."

"You can't stay here, it is a bit inappropriate for me... You know."

I raised my hand up. "OK, I got it. Then do it at a hotel, that would solve the problem."

"But--"

"But what? You have something to say about it? I will tell my brother if you threaten this one more time."

He immediately shut his mouth up knowing that my brother is a very fierce person. "Good boy. You do your thing and I do mine. Let's treat each other like roommates and nothing more, deal?" I said before getting into the room and laid down on the bed. So, it turns out that the Playboy coffee prince heir is going to live with me for a while but for how long?

----------

Daehwan

I looked at the lights of that apartment being switched off and I heaved a sigh of relief. TaeNa is asleep, glad that she is fine. She looks like a tough woman on the inside handling her patients like it is no big deal but when she cries, it is a completely different story. She becomes like that helpless 10-year-old girl that I first laid eyes on 13 years ago.

Flashback

I followed her behind while she makes her way home. I am not a stalker or what, it is just that Appa told me to walk her home but how can I walk her home when she hates me to the core? So I had no choice but to follow her home just like normal civilian walking home after a long day of work.

I watched her go into her house and in continued to observe standing at the lamp post across the street until I heard a loud slap. What just happened? Then I saw Taewoon and TaeMin dragging her luggage out placing it beside her. She has been kicked out by her own family... And it is because of us, the Nam Family.

I watched her squat down and hugging her knees while she cries her heart out. There were many times when I wanted to go hug her for a moment, even if it was only for a second. And then I remembered that she hated me. A lot.