Chapter 31

TaeNa

I blinked my eyes as I looked at myself in the mirror, I could see so clearly now without wearing any glasses, who knew that wearing contact lenses is so easy? I have a thing against contact lenses ever since I started wearing glasses as part of my life, I had perfect eyesight when I was younger, I could catch a baseball from more than 50 meters away and could see perfectly at something which is at the other side of the room without any difficulties.

It gradually started getting worse when I got into middle school and I realized that it is so much better to not leave my room to play some video games that my father bought it for all 3 of us, it became a favourite pastime that I shared with my two male siblings until I had to go to college and it was only my younger brother who stayed loving video games for a career. 

And so I had to wear prescription glasses after that and it became a part of my lifestyle and contact lenses have been lingering on my mind from time to time but I have never wanted to get them because I have known how difficult it is to wear them hearing from how people around us have difficulties wearing them and they have many times forgotten to remove them before going to sleep, there are a lot of articles on the internet about random strangers getting eye infections because they have forgotten to remove their contacts and it is scary to see that in real life as well, I have also encountered a lot of patients at work with eye infections so serious that they have to be hospitalized for a long time and some, unfortunately, lost their eyesight just because they forgot to remove their contact lenses.

"Just remember to take them off later before you go to sleep and you are good to go for the rest of the day," Woori told me and I nodded, liking my new appearance even though I have only changed a little, it doesn't mean that I have become a goddess. "I  can't believe that you only looked even prettier."

Do I? I looked at the mirror once more, I do look a lot prettier than before. Why haven't I thought of ever switching to wearing contact lenses before? If I had worn contact lenses before then, I would be able to attract all of the guys that I would meet in my life but sadly I didn't make that choice and become a nerdy nurse who is single all her life.

There was a knock on the door and it was my cousin, Chaewon. She looked around the room and looked at me once and then quickly did the send thing again. "TaeNa, is that really you? I am not seeing things right?"

I nodded. "The person that you're seeing right now is indeed the guy that you have grown up with, the nerdy girl who is single all her life."

"You are kidding right?" She gave me a hug. "How can not wearing your glasses change your entire vibe so much? It is as if you are someone else, and not my cousin."

Woori nodded. "Exactly! That's what I thought when I first looked at her, she should have done this a long time ago and she would have a date for this wedding." And then I realized that they haven't really met each other officially, even though Chaewon is my cousin by blood, she is part of the family tree that I used to be in but we are still related. "Nice to meet you, I am Kim Woori, I am going to be Lee Taewoon's wife to be and TaeNa's sister-in-law. I have heard a lot about you from TaeNa and you were indeed a gorgeous woman."

Chaewon just smiled at the compliment like it was nothing, she isn't new to this kind of thing and she has been called gorgeous all her life. "I am not pretty as you are, Taewoon oppa is really lucky to have you as his beloved wife. I am Nam Chaewon, TaeNa's only cousin from her old family."

Woori clapped her hands in delight. "Now that we have introduced each other, we can carry on with the wedding and we will get to know more about each other later."

We got out of the changing room after making sure that we look presentable to the public, I think that we look okay for a wedding but Woori has to look the prettiest out of the 3 of us because she is the main character and she has to look beautiful standing next to my older brother who is effortless charming all the time.

She made her way towards the door that leads to the ceremony hall that is now closed while the two of us made our way into the ceremony hall after handing Woori over to her equally good-looking father who is going to be part of the family as well, I heard that her father was one of the best looking men in his time and even my own father wouldn't even consider being on the same level as him. I can't just believe that I am going to be family with a bunch of beautiful people and I am definitely going to look like a potato at family gatherings, I am the only one out of my siblings to look average and I am saddened by it. What food did they have at home to look this beautiful?

Chaewon and I took our seats at five assigned sitting arrangement and I was seated next to JungAh and the Nam Twins, this is the only thing that we are seated together like this and we will be separated into different tables according to each family and I will be seated with the Kim family at the VIP table since I am on the groom's side of the family.

The ceremony was over in an instant and everyone got out of the room to socialize with each other, I couldn't be bothered to socialize with anyone because I need to relieve myself so I went to the toilet. I got out of the toilet cubicle to relieve myself to touch upon my makeup until I saw someone that I never wanted to see again, I thought that she wouldn't be here using the toilet at the same time as me. "Hey, I thought that I saw a beauty but it is just you, you are still going to look like the ugly Lee TaeNa from back then without any makeup."