Chapter 66

DaJeong

I bit my nails repeatedly as I am feeling so frustrated with the never-ending phone calls that I am getting from Lee TaeMin, he is one of Jeon JungMin's friend and he has been trying to contact me repeatedly and I don't want to pick up his call.

Jeon JungMin must have asked him to do so, he must have realized that I have been avoiding him for the past 2 weeks. I would have just appeared in front of him as if nothing happened but I can't do that, I can't look at him in the eye and I will be extremely awkward so I decided to stop going to his cafe to avoid all of that.

And now he kind of knows what I am doing to him and he wants to talk to me, but I don't want to see him or to speak to him. I have an urge to just pick up the phone once and for all but that would just make matter worse and establish the fact that I don't want anything to do with him, well that is a fact but I don't want to hurt him too much by shutting him out.

But it is not like he is extremely special to me, he probably just thinks of me as a friend and he is just concerned because his friend hasn't been coming to his cafe for a while. And there is no need for him to call me like this, I am just his friend and not something special to him.

There was a knock on the door and I panicked, even more, I didn't know what to do and then I decided to look out of the window so that it is not the two guys who were looking for me. I looked out of the window quickly and then sighed, it is them and I am doomed.

The housekeeper comes to my room and she asked me about the two people in front of our house. "Are they your friends?"

They are sort of my friends but I don't want to be friends with them anymore, I just wished that they are just random people who came knocking on our door accidentally. "Could you do me a favour and chase the two of them away?" I begged her and she only sighed and nodded her head.

She made her way downstairs and I continued to observe them and trying my very best to hear their conversation. "Who are you looking for, young man?" The housekeeper asked them.

"Do you know a Park DaJeong? I am her friend and I am looking for her because I haven't seen her in 2 weeks." Jeon JungMin is concerned about me but I think otherwise, maybe he has something to talk to me about.

"That would be Miss DaJeong, she is not around right now and she will do not come back home for a while." She said.

"Do you know when she will be back? In the evening or at night?" Lee TaeMin asked her. "We are asking this because we need to meet her today."

"Miss DaJeong is overseas at the moment and she is finishing up her degree, it would be for a few months or even a few years. I don't know too much about that and I would suggest that you wouldn't come here ever again." She said.

"Why not? I am her friend." Jeon JungMin told her, I just know that he only treats me as a friend and nothing more.

"Mr Park, my boss doesn't allow any stranger coming over to our house without an appointment and even if you are DaJeong's friend, you don't have that privilege to come as you please. I hope that it will be the last time that you will be doing this or I will chase you out of here as soon as I see you." My father isn't that strict when it comes to bringing people over to my place but he would tell me to keep a distance just in case something bad happens.

"But I--" Lee TaeMin drags him out and back to his car, they are not going to come back here again and I am safe from them.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief, feeling relieved that this whole ordeal is finally over and I don't need to hide from anyone. I sat down on my bed, looking up from the ceiling enjoying my peace and the phone starts ringing, Lee TaeMin is calling me again. I thought that they were convinced that I am out of the country and I am not going to come back for a few more years, I stood up and he is just outside and they didn't leave at all.

I got lured into their trap and I am done for, they are not going to believe everything that I will say to them. He signals to me to pick up his call and I did, putting the phone close to my ear and listening to whatever he is going to say to me.

"Are you going to come downstairs and greet me and Jeon JungMin? I am not that worried about your safety but Jeon JungMin, just come out and make him less anxious about your safety. I give you one minute to think about it and we will be here waiting for you." He hangs up, crossing his arms at me and I feel the anxiety coming up again.

Will he hate me for telling him the real reason why I have been trying to avoid him for the past 2 weeks? Will he even care about that? He probably wouldn't care that he took away my first and just apologize to me for that, he is a womanizer and he is used to things like this.

I made up my mind and I got downstairs and opened the door, revealing two people standing outside. Lee TaeMin is still crossing his arms at me while Jeon JungMin is still very shocked that I have lied to him about not being around and now I have appeared in front of them. "My job here is done, I leave you two to talk about it." He patted Jeon JungMin on the shoulder and he gives me a small nod before leaving the two of us alone.