Chapter 7

JungMin

I got into the car at 8 am in the morning as someone very annoying and who is also my roommate dragged me out of bed an hour ago telling me to drive her to work. I initially refused her at first as the hospital that she is working at is within walking distance and she still wants to be dropped off. Spoilt bitch...

She even threatened me if I didn't agree, I will not get to stay in the apartment any longer and I will be sleeping on the streets tonight. "Aigoo... This tastes nice." She says as she sipped on her coffee. It is coffee from a nearby cafe just down the street.

I pulled the seatbelt over and started the engine. "Listen, I am only going to drive you to work just this once and never again. You are to walk to work from now on, taking the bus also works."

She scoffed. "Jeon Jungmin, can't you be more considerate and think more of my feelings? I'm broke and all my credit cards are cancelled, you are the only one that has the money right now. Plus, you wouldn't let your noona starve to death right?"

"Right." I rolled my eyes and focused on the road instead. It is useless talking to her when you have nothing better to say.

"Do JungAh still work at the cafe?" I nodded. That little sister of mine will agree to what I say or do. That stupid and naive girl will work to her death even if I didn't order her to. She is way too kind.

I got a smack on the head. "Ouch!" I groaned in pain. Where did she even get the strength from?

"Why did you even do that for?"

"You sure deserved it, you jerk. Drive to the cafe right now."

"Why must I? And don't you have work?"

"I know but it wouldn't take too long. Just drive me there now."

"Why should I listen to you?"

She pulled my ears. "Why should you? Because you are Jung-ah's brother and this concerns her. Auntie HaYoon should be there too right?" I nodded and I sighed. I am sure getting a scolding from my mother. Lee TaeNa, you jerk.

----------

We arrived at the cafe a few minutes later dragging me out of the car and she stomped into the store looking for JungAh. "Jeon Jung-Ah, where are you?" She called for her and a tall but petite girl came out of the storeroom.

"Unnie, why are you here? Isn't it time for you to go to work?"

"I was going to but one thing makes me mad and I want to take care of it."

"What thing?" She asked innocently.

"Go for your classes now and your brother will take care of it for you while you study. You will switch back with him after you are done with classes for the day."

"You do know that my brother would never want to work here right?"

"JungAh, tell her to get lost right now."

She glared at me. "Just shut up and allow me to do my job." She looks like she is going to swallow me into one bite, I immediately shut up without even realizing it.

"Don't worry, just go for your classes now. Did you miss a couple of lessons already right? Use this chance to redeem all that back and do me proud, Jeon JungAh."

"JungAh, if you dared to go for classes for just one day, you can't promise what I might do to your tablet." Her tablet is one of her most prized possessions and she couldn't let go of it easily.

"Don't listen to him, JungAh. I will make sure he does and just go for your classes. You're running late." TaeNa told JungAh and she nodded, going behind the counter taking her belongings along with her.

"Thanks, Unnie!" She said waving to TaeNa noona and leaving the store.

I turned towards TaeNa noona who is still happily waving at JungAh. "Just work, it is great working for money. Your credit card is going to be cancelled soon in a few days right?" How did she even know about that?

I never told anyone about that, about me being grounded after being reprimanded by my parents for pushing all the work to JungAh and me proving to them that I can survive on my own without their support. Thus, I was sort of being kicked out of the house and having to find a suitable place to stay until Taewoon hyung told me to stay in his apartment.

"Just work hard and your parents will trust you to run the family business. It is one of their wishes, right? I will also tell Taemin to check up on you every few hours until JungAh gets back from school." She typed in something on her phone, probably texting Taemin at the same time.

I sighed. This is the only way that I can get back to the house - working. "Fine, only until this week."

Her eyes gleamed up and sparkled. "Really? You would really work?"

"Of course, I want to quickly get out of that apartment and you get back home too. It's unsafe living in that apartment on your own, you are a girl after all."

She came forward and gave me a pat on the head as if I am a little child. "Thanks for caring about me, I will come back in the evening to check up on you and JungAh." She said and left.

I got behind the counter and there was a customer staring at the menu and then coming towards the counter. "I want an Americano. More syrup." I recited the order again when I realized that I don't know how to use the machine. How do I even press the buttons? How do the buttons work?

"You press the options that say 'Americano' and go to the speciality menu and press the 'more syrup' button and you are done."

"Like this?" I pressed all the buttons that she told me to press.

She looked at the screen. "You are doing great. Your first time doing this?"

"Yes, it is my first day here." I lied and laughed.

"The boss should train their employees as soon as when they join the business. Does your boss not do anything?"

I felt a stab in my heart. She is literally insulting me, the boss. I need to endure this. The employee behind me is also silently laughing, I swear that I will strangle him later on. How dare he laugh at the boss?

"He... He really should. 5,400 won please." She handed me her money and I gave her the change.

"You should write down my name with a marker on the cup while it is being prepared."

"Ah, yes. With a marker?" I took the marker which is under the counter. "Your name?"

"DaJeong. Park DaJeong." She said and I looked at her. I heard that name before, where did I hear it?

"Have we met before?"