Chapter 51

TaeNa

"We will tell you about it when it is time for you to know about it, for now just pretend that you don't know anything about what happened today." Jeon JungAh said to her brother, begging him to get out of our space and he keeps trying to want to know everything but he doesn't need to know at all, well at least for now.

He takes a look at me again. "Are you sure about that?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

For now, I am comfortable with letting JungAh know about me and Nam Daehwan but not her older brother, he is someone who will tell everyone about everything in his life and he will tell my secret as well. So Jeon JungAh is the safer choice and Jeon JungAh was my only choice from the beginning anyway, I don't have many friends in the first place and I am close to JungAh in this case, although Nam Chaewon is my cousin, she is also part of the Nam family and she must have known this as well.

The door closed shut and JungAh looked for more tissue for me to wipe my tears away, I have just used up the tissue paper that she gave me and it is now piled up in a mountain of tears soaked tissues. "It is okay, I am not going to cry again."

"You sure about that?" She asked me. "I better prepare for a box in advance but it seemed that you have just used up everything that we have and we bought it for a month's supply."

"It just so happens that I have an unlimited quantity of tears stored in my body, and I have run out of it at the moment. It will take some time to fill up and I will cry again." I told her.

She put one hand to stop her. "Please don't, I don't have any more tissue paper for you to wipe your tears with." She held my hand. "So tell me what exactly you are being so sad for? Are you comfortable with telling me about it?" She asked me.

I nodded my head and I took a deep breath. "Don't get too shocked when I tell you this but I have feelings towards Nam Daehwan." I finally told her the little secret that I have kept for so many years and even though my parents know about it now Jeon JungAh doesn't know about it.

She gasps and her eyes doubled in size. "Are you serious? With that hot lawyer, with that twins' big bro?" I nodded my head. "When did that even happen?"

"It started when I was a little child and I didn't realize until I became an adult but I know that I can't like him as a man, not because he is my older brother's best friend but he is also my stepbrother in the paper," I told her. "Even though we are not blood-related and it is fine dating and marrying each other but it is not okay when it comes to my family and his family, we were never on good terms in the first place and it has caused quite an uproar ever since they found out that we both liked each other."

"But it all happened over 20 years ago and it doesn't matter at all, it is not like you are being the third party to anyone and Nam Daehwan is single. I can't understand why your families wouldn't approve of it, it is a matter of the two loving each other and it doesn't concern them at all."

"But it does, you see. My mother never forgave his mother and still held onto the pain of losing her first husband to his mother, that was why she hated Daehwan's mother so much that she never wanted to see her again. Nam Daehwan told them that we want to be together but they didn't approve of it, and they almost killed each other 2 days ago and I don't even want to do anything now."

I started crying again and Jeon JungAh begins to scramble around for tissue paper and she finds a cup of chamomile tea, bringing it to me. "This will help calm you down, you need to be positive in this. I know that Nam Daehwan wouldn't give up on you but you have to not give up on yourself as well, do you know how horrible you looked right now? I could send a picture to them and he will come rushing, that is how bad the situation has become."

"But it is a dead-end, with both of our families being like this, there is not going to be a happy ending and everyone suffers from it. We are exactly like Romeo and Juliet and I don't want to be Juliet." I told her. "I want a happy ending and it doesn't seem that it is going to happen."

"Have you ever thought of eloping with him so that you can be happy?" She asked me.

"He wouldn't want to, he has a successful career as a lawyer and wouldn't want to start all over again just because he wants to be with me. And I wouldn't want him to do that, so I am planning to let him go."

"Don't ever do that, I know that you would be extremely heartbroken. I have never seen you in love for the past 23 years of your life and I want to see you happy with Nam Daehwan, don't ever give up on him and wait for the day that both of your families would finally accept the fact that they can't separate the two of you and ended the grudge between them." She told me with those reassuring eyes that gave me comfort.

"Will that day ever come?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Yes, it will. Just continue to believe in it and it will happen someday." She told me and I finally smiled for the first time in 2 days, it feels so good. Nam Daehwan, let's hang on together and not give up...