Chapter 40

TaeMin

My good friend and brother Jeon JungMin take a look at my face and he sighs deeply. "Why do you have to do that for? You are usually a levelheaded person and you wouldn't even want to land your hands on anyone, let anyone punch anyone. Because of that, you got punched as well. Does that sound mature, Lee TaeMin?"

"Stop talking about that, I know that I am right in this whole situation and I am sure that Park Dawon wouldn't dare to come close to JungAh after today's incident." I nodded with satisfaction. "Did JungAh say anything to you when she got back home earlier?"

He takes a sip of his Soju and looked at me. "She wished that you hadn't done that at all, it is not good to hit others even when you are really angry, as quoted by Jeon JungAh. What is your intention of even beating up Park Dawon anyways? I know that you are trying to protect JungAh but do you have to go that far?"

Do I have to go that far to protect someone from the person that she shouldn't go close to? Yes, I will do that because I am close to Jeon JungAh and I have known her ever since I was a little kid and we are of the same age, she was the only female friend that I had grown up with and she was very fragile when she was really little, she fell sick pretty often and she was forced to stay at home all the time.

And I went over to their house a lot of times to check up on JungAh because she was my only friend back then, I bring over my favourite toys for her to play with so she would at least feel a little better playing with my toys, I would sit in her bed and talk to her even though her mother doesn't allow that because JungAh might spread her sickness to me but I don't mind, my only thought is for JungAh to get better again and I could play with her again like old times.

We stopped playing with each other as often after we started schooling and I had made a lot of friends due to my sociable personality while JungAh on the other hand, didn't manage to get close to anyone through her elementary school years to her high school years, and she got bullied for not having any friends as a result. I tried my best to help her make some friends so that she wouldn't feel so lonely, I had wanted to actually talk to her in school but we were in different classes, the chances of us ever talking to each other is very slim and even if I get to talk to her, she wouldn't want to talk to me either.

So that was a very hard time for her to go through and I felt bad that I wasn't able to help her at all, I felt really useless as someone who used to be close to her and knew everything about her, I neglected her for more friends and lost her as a dear friend in the process. I really want to reconnect with her as a friend but it is really hard now because we don't take the same course except for an elective module but it is still hard for me to talk to her and get close to her.

There is her brother JungMin whom I have been friends with him other than JungAh but he thinks that I don't like his younger sister and had avoided that topic for the longest time, he now thinks that I am helping him do a favour to help his little sister get some friends. Little did he know that I had other emotions put into this whole situation that we are in right now, the reason why I get so worked up whenever Park Dawon gets a little closer to JungAh, it is not friendship that makes me behave like this, it is something more and I shouldn't be feeling like this at all.

And I don't know how to tell this to JungMin, even though we have known each other since forever, it is still hard to tell him things like this and I know that it is going to break up my friendship with him. "You have been thinking quite a lot lately, what is on your mind? Can you tell me about it?"

There is an unspoken rule that best friends shouldn't date each other's sisters no matter what, it is totally messed up and it shouldn't happen at all, it would be totally awkward if things didn't end well and I would have to live with that awkwardness as long as I am still friends with Jungmin.

But it makes me feel uncomfortable if I don't tell him what exactly what I have on my mind, and I am going to tell him no matter what. "You know why I broke up with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, she wasn't the one at fault. I was the one at fault because I found out that I have fallen for someone else."

"Who is it? Is she someone that I know?" He asked, clearly interested in the conversation that we are having right now. "Is she hot? Is she gorgeous?"

"She is your younger sister, Jeon JungAh. I have romantic feelings towards JungAh, Jeon JungMin." I told him and he nearly dropped his phone in shock, he wasn't expecting that I would like his sister. "Yes, I wasn't kidding about that."

"You liked JungAh? Since when?" I had hidden my feelings for JungAh so well that no one ever suspected that, not even myself that only recently found out that I have feelings for my best friend's younger sister. "When did you found out that you liked her?"

"Since we were kids, I just didn't know that I had a crush on her until I broke up with my girlfriend. I liked JungAh all my life, you can hit me all you want for liking your younger sister." I was expecting that he would flip the table in a rage and leave this bar but he continues to sit here, his hand still holding onto the glass of Soju.

Why isn't he getting angry at me? He suddenly burst out into tears, everyone was staring at him crying and I didn't know how to even react to it properly. I gave him a tissue paper and he blew his nose with it. "Thank goodness that you liked my sister, I thought that she was going to be single for the rest of her life but I can't let you date her just yet unless she likes you back. That is the condition that I am giving you as my best friend and brother."