Chapter 38

JungMin

It has been a week since the big wedding between TaeNa's older brother Taewoon and the older daughter of the Kim family, Kim Woori. The two have been married and plus of us have congratulated on their wedding, and they have gone on their honeymoon a week ago but they will be back soon, I'm glad that they are having fun and enjoying each other's company as a new couple.

They are the most talked couple in the entire hospital and in the café, my café is most welcomed by the nurses and doctors of that very hospital and they enjoyed coming here to have their morning coffee and sometimes they are here on their days off as well. It is a place filled with gossip and that is how I know everything that happened in the hospital without intentionally hearing it, it is all around me and TaeNa and Taewoon's brother-in-law WooHyuk is also one of the people that contributed to the gossip.

They are like two ladies on their shopping trips and they would literally talk about anything and everything else, even those things that no one wanted to know about but it is things that the two of them can only talk about because they are family now and their family ties are richer and thicker than ever. They have known each other since their internship days and they have only been even closer than ever, and sometimes that made me jealous and I have no idea what to do about that.

I heard the distant laughter from afar and I knew who and where did it come from, it can only be one person who laughs like that and I have heard that laughter a lot of times, the first time that I have heard is when we were still children and she laughed because I did something stupid that I don't remember why and I fell in love with that laughter the first time I heard it.

She walks into the café with her brother in law happily and I smiled at her arrival, not that she even noticed that I am happy that she had arrived at the café. "JungMin, one iced Americano with more syrup please!" I immediately dropped the marker in shock and I quickly squatted down to retrieve the marker. "I'm sorry..." She apologized as she makes her way to the counter.

Act normal, JungMin... Please act normal until she goes away... I cleared my throat. "I'm okay. So you want an iced Americano with more syrup?" She nodded. "That would be 4,500 won please." She handed me her credit card and I returned it back to her after I am done with the transaction.

Our fingers touched for a brief moment and I could sense my temperature increase by a bit and my heartbeat started pounding, my stomach feels funny and everything feels weird from the moment that she touched me. I have no idea why I am feeling like this whenever I see her these days, it is not like the first time that I am seeing TaeNa, I have known her ever since she was a child and she was like an older sister to me because she was indeed 3 years older than me.

"One caramel latte please!" I instantly stopped smiling and every feeling in my body was eliminated as the next person comes into line, it is Kim WooHyuk, the brother-in-law of Lee TaeNa and I don't really like him from the very first time that I have seen him together with TaeNa Noona.

He was the same age as TaeNa and they first met each other as interns and they interned in the same hospital and they clicked well with each other the moment they met each other, ever since they were like 2 peas in a pod and nobody could ever separate the two of them. And he is being a little too close to TaeNa, in my opinion, and I don't like that he is doing that to TaeNa and she doesn't realize it.

There are times that I witness Kim WooHyuk getting too close to TaeNa and he is always touching her and what but TaeNa doesn't seem to be weirded out by his actions, instead, she seems rather calm about it and even allows him to play with her hair and even take her drink or her food without even asking if he could take a sip or take a bite. If I were to be TaeNa, I would distance myself away from such a guy and avoid him at all costs. If anything, I would like to avoid making small conversations to this guy as much as possible but he just likes to talk to anyone at every opportunity.

Even now, when I am preparing his drinks and he is still talking to me as if no one was at the counter and the two of us are the only two humans left in this world but I don't really want to listen to him talk, he is being a little too annoying and it is making me feel a little uncomfortable. I cleared my throat slightly as I handed him his order. "Here is your caramel latte..." And he took it after thanking me and not knowing that I have done something to his caramel latte, I didn't add any caramel and instead, I replaced that with a lot of sugared syrup hoping that he would die from it.

I smirked as I watched him take a sip of his coffee and his face completely changed, much to my amusement and my enjoyment. That would make him shut up for a while while he gets tortured by my extremely sugary caramel latte, I just love the little mischief that I have done to his drink.

"I have seen what you did to his coffee, that was a mean trick. What did he ever do to you?" Kang Joon leans against the counter, looking at me. "He is just a good friend of Lee TaeNa."

"And he is being a little too friendly to Lee TaeNa, have you seen the way he behaves with her? That is considered too overly friendly and he is being a creep by doing that."

"Most guys who are like him are like that, they are more comfortable with females than males." He told me. "If TaeNa Noona is being weirded by his actions, she would have avoided him by now but she is still being friends with him and they are even in-laws now. I don't see anything wrong with it but I do think that you are overreacting about this. Are you sure that you are not having feelings for TaeNa Noona? Because I can see it and you don't."