Chapter 15

JungMin

I finished brushing my teeth and washed the residues off the bristles with the tap water, I flicked the toothbrush to reduce the water droplets on the toothbrush before putting it back to its original place in the rack where all my grooming stuff are at which includes my shaver, shaving cream, dental floss and the toothpaste that are forever paired together with the toothbrush. I took the glass of water that I had poured for myself earlier and I took a big gulp of it, gargling it in my mouth before I spit it out.

I do a boxy smile facing the mirror, looking at all of my teeth before washing the glass again with water, putting it back in place. That concludes my entire teeth-brushing process, it is the same process regardless day or night but excluding the shaving process as there is nothing much to shave at night.

I put my towel over my head as I exited the bathroom to my bedroom where my bed is waiting for me, with the blankets neatly covering the bed. I wouldn't have been at home at this timing if I still went clubbing with the usual people that I go out with, I would be spending the entire night at one of the nightclubs that I frequently patronize and stay up the entire night without the need to fall asleep.

But with this new lifestyle of mine that I am starting to get used to it, it has been good in some ways that I have never thought before. I always thought that working at the café was boring, mediocre for someone like me who would prefer to play than to work for an entire day.

I even had to take business administration because I'm one of the successors to my parent's business but I didn't have the interest to do anything related to business. I just wanted to have fun as it is the most beautiful moments of my life and I have to cherish before I turn 30, by then it would be too late to have fun.

But working for an entire week had changed my entire perspective of working, it had turned out to be more interesting than I had thought. Remembering the items on the menu was a task and especially the speciality items are the worse, they change almost every day and it is not up to me.

My mother who is the CEO of the café chain decides what beverage items to be set as the drink of the day and it follows the day of the week from Monday to Sunday, I would always mess them up and Kang Joon would have to clean up after my mess.

Speaking of him, he is a charm. He looks like those part-timers whose only goal is to get the paycheck at the end of each week and laze around in the café all day and do nothing but he isn't the type that he was supposed to be.

Instead, he is so skilled at his role of being a Barista that he could remember every single item on the menu and prepare them with his eyes closed, I'm that impressed of him even though I still don't like the way that he speaks.

He is just too savage to be working in a café where words are always sugarcoated to survive, he just says what he wants to say without holding back. He has offended me quite a few times and I don't even think that he is aware of it, in fact, he doesn't even care of it. I wonder if he has talked to Jung-Ah like what I had paid him to do. He better not take my 100,000 won and not do anything, I would literally fire him if he does that.

A phone call got me reaching for my phone which is on the bedside table and it was from a very important person, Lee TaeMin, my best friend for life. "Bro, are you awake?" He spoke on the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"If not, why would I taking your calls?"

"Right. I have something important to tell you. Your sister is in trouble." I jumped out of bed and ran to the clothes rack to grab my windbreaker. I ran out of the house after putting my shoes on and being very careful to not wake my folks up, they can be a handful if they know that their only daughter is in trouble and I'm not there to take care of her.

"Where? Who? When?" I fumbled with the car keys trying to insert it into the ignition. "Where is she?"

"One question at one time!" He exclaimed and I stopped immediately. "I'll tell you later, you won't be able to drive if I tell you about it now."

I wanted to ask him more and it but I decided to keep quiet and focus more on my driving. He is right, I will go berserk if I were to know what happened to her right now, I will not be able to focus well and I will cause a car accident sooner or later.

"Then where is she now?" I asked him as I finally touched the steering wheel and drove out of the mansion that I lived in.

"She's at my house right now, TaeNa noona is tending to her right now." He replied making me feel more relieved already. At least he found her...

I arrived at their house, a two-storey mansion that was purchased since forever. Legend says that the mansion was purchased way back when Uncle Hongbin was a child, it was also the place that he met his wife at who is also the mother of the Lee siblings. In short, the mansion has been there for more than 50 years with a few renovations, I have been playing in that house for a very long time, Taewoon hyung bullies me every time I visit, Taemin would be bullied along with me since we are the same age. And Taena noona would be the one who will tend to my injuries every time I got hit by Taewoon hyung. 

I entered the house and Taemin was standing in the living room, he looked at me and pointed towards the second floor where TaeNa noona's room is at. I gave a crude nod and ran up the flight of stairs and to her room which is the first room after the staircase.

"JungMin, you are finally here!" Taena noona exclaimed as I walked into her room and Jungah was lying down in her bed unconscious, it was evident that she went clubbing again. Her face was red and she was a mess, just like how I have seen her last week when I went around to find her. "JungMin..."

My eyes fixated on my sister, internally blaming myself for not being the good brother that I should be. I walked step by step towards the bed and TaeNa noona stood up, allowing me to sit down in her bed. I placed my hand on JungAh's face, cradling her hands with my big hands and I slid a hand under her thighs, another hand on her back as I lifted her up in one go.

"Call me once she wakes up!" TaeNa noona reminded me when we were in the car, JungAh was placed lying down in the back seat while I was in the driver's seat, TaeMin next to me.

"Got it, noona..." I gave a weak smile towards her. "Thanks for tending to JungAh."

That made her flush and she cleared her throat. "Go where you have to go to, you totally ruined my beauty sleep." She walked back to the mansion and I smirked.

"It was Park DaWon, he was the one who drugged JungAh with the drinks that she was having. I stopped him in time." TaeMin brought me back to the severity of the issue.