Chapter 12

JungMin

I knocked on the door of JungAh's bedroom to wake her up, my mother told me to do that before she went off to work. She is still asleep even though she is the early riser and would be out of bed as soon as her alarm goes off.

"JungAh, you have school and you are going to be late if you don't come out by then." I raised my voice and waited for a few seconds. "I will give you a ride, I would really want to do that JungAh--"

The door opened and a different girl came out of the room, her hairstyle was styled so different from her usual braids and simple makeup, she has all kinds of accessories on her body that I have never seen before, long earrings and chokers rings on her fingers.

"I heard it already." She said monotonously but I can still know that it is my younger sister. "And my friend is picking me up later." Is it them again? The whole bunch whom took her to drink and she came back dead drunk?

"Who? Which friend? Do I know them?" I asked as I followed her walk down the stairs and opened the fridge, picking a packet of milk and then closing it. She puts a straw in it and takes a sip of it.

"You don't need to know as it is my privacy and you are now invading my privacy." She commented making me even more irritated. What is with this tone of hers?

I stopped her from going anywhere else. "JungAh, you look like a complete person. What happened to you?"

"You don't need to know why the old Jeon Jung-Ah is dead and the new JungAh is better as it can make me even more confident in me."

"Why? Why would you have to be another person? The JungAh from before was fine." She batted her fake eyelashes at me as I commented on her appearance. "Do you know how much I don't like seeing you like this?"

"So what? You would not even care anyway, you fake brother. Don't try to play the good guy all of a sudden and try to impress our parents hoping that they will be good to you, you just happened to be the eldest and have to take over the family business in the future and I don't have to." She walks past me, purposely bumping my shoulders and then walking out of the house in her ridiculous heavy heels.

How can she change so much in just a few days? It only has been a few days ever since I returned back to the house and she is already turning into a delinquent, a very rebellious one.

I know that I wasn't the kind of brother who dotes on his younger sister all the time and I realized that I have to do something to change the relationship between the two of us or not she will be in trouble and I don't know about it. She was the one who wanted us to be close again but I ignored her and didn't allow her to go anywhere but the café, she wanted freedom but I was the selfish one not caring about her feelings and only wanted to play around all the time.

She isn't stupid, she knew her limits and thus she rebelled against me, telling me that she had enough by trying to be another person and that she wants to live her life with no one restricting her. She is smart but it is scary to see her like that, she was the sweet and demure girl that everyone would never think that she would wear smoky makeup, wear ridiculously short skirts and high heels.

"Maybe she is going through puberty, like what all humans do before becoming an adult," TaeMin commented as he took his order of coffee from the counter.

"But isn't it too late for her to be going through puberty? She's turning 18 this year, girls at her age would not be that rebellious."

"TaeNa noona is 23 this year and she is still that same messy kid that doesn't clean up after herself, I bet that she won't reach puberty until she is 50 years old." I shrugged my shoulders and turned towards my worker Joon who is still taking orders. He is supposed to be in school at this time but I don't know why is he still working here.

"Have you went through puberty?" I asked him and he raised an eyebrow. "I'm just curious."

He just nodded a little and went to serving. He is still very rude... I wonder how does he even live that long with this kind of an attitude?

TaeMin hit me on the shoulder. "What are you even trying to do? Of course, he has gone through puberty."

"I just wanted to make sure, that's all. Maybe he hasn't gone through puberty with that face and attitude of his." I slowly looked towards him to make sure that he didn't hear me.

"I heard that, boss." He replied. "I get that a lot." He gave me one of his annoying smirks before facing the customers again.

"Well, if he was the boss, he will surely fire you for being too nosy." TaeMin took a sip of his coffee and licked his lower lip. "As your friend, I will keep an eye out for her for now. I'm sure that she just hates you." He patted my shoulder before going off, I nodded to him as he waves at me from outside.

I looked towards the employee again but now he is leaning against the counter as he has no more customers to take orders from, the peak hour is over. I don't know much about him but I know that he and JungAh are around the same age, maybe he would understand it better.

"Joon, how old are you this year again?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"18, why? You are going to fire me because I'm too young?"

I rolled my eyes. Why would he even think about that? "I'm just curious."

"Since that, you are that curious about me all the time, I shall tell you everything about my life from the start to the end--"

I put one hand up to protest. "Just the important parts please, I don't want to know everything about your life."

"I go to the same school as your sister and we are in the same course." He can be a great help to me if I get on his good side first.

"Kang Joon, can you do me a favor?"

"Does it involve any cash?" He is on the same level as me.

"Whatever amount you ask, I will give."