After

"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever"

Happiness. That was all that could be felt. In the short moments of contentment, where she lay, kneels curled up under her, one arm holding a worn, old book and the other being caressed lightly by a rough, yet gentle hand. Her head lay lightly against a hard, homely chest whilst the other rough hand found its way through her cocoa strands. The sound of the heartbeat pounding at a slow and steady pace under her ear, she read the words soothingly, rolling off her tongue from memory. Happiness.

"To be fond of dancing was a certain step-"

"Towards falling in love" Remus whispered lightly into her hair. His lips pressed firmly against her head as he listened to her repeat the words he had read over a hundred times before. Yet, coming from her mouth made them sound even more beautifully poetic.

"You really know your books Professor"

"Oh god...don't call me that" letting out a little chuckle but also grimacing at her words.

"Sorry...you really know your books...sir" Caitlin replied in a teasing tone.

"Now that..." he began, his fingers gently running down her arm, under the goose bumps that had already arose and his lips slowly meeting her ear lobe as he took a soft intake of breath, shivers coursing through Caitlin's already very sensitive body, "Is much better Miss Kingsley" he whispered huskily, placing a small kiss under her ear lobe and chuckling to himself at her body's response.

They had been sat for hours. The day flew past them all too quickly as they lay in the hospital bed together, the dusk settling over the horizon, a purple, gold-ish glow, penetrating the windows, leaving them in a relaxed and comfortable state as they enveloped eachother's warmth and presence.

"You are a fantastic reader by the way, I could drift off listening to you"

"Well, if your still here tomorrow, how about I sneak in once Pomfrey's gone and read to you until you sleep" placing his palm in hers, their fingers intertwining perfectly as she brung it up to her lips, where she traced slow and gentle kisses along the outline of his silvery scars.

"That's too dangerous darling, but I love that you thought of it" he sighed.

He had crossed that line now. He never thought he would yet he had. And the fact that he had, not only filled him with joy but also an overwhelming amount of fear. He would now have to find a way to control it, keeping her happy yet not getting caught. But even if he wanted to do that...what if she didn't.

"Are you sure this what you-"

But before he could finish, her soft and supple lips pressed lightly against his, catching him off guard as he leant further into the kiss. His eyes flickering shut as her hand caressed his face. 

She felt like home. She smelt like home. Everything about her was so familiar and calming that it allowed him to just switch off. Switch off his surroundings, his thoughts and anything that wasn't her. Anything that wasn't the feeling of her pressed against him, as her lips melted with his.

"I want you Remus" she breathed lightly against his lips as their soft kiss broke away. "I always have"

He nodded in understanding as his heart felt full to the brim with joy and love.

"I'm just saying...you can have anyone you want and I would understand if-"

"I want you"

she sounded so sure as she placed one last kiss on his lips and settled back down onto his chest, falling deep into the book she held.