Lost

When Caitlin woke she was lay in a hospital bed in St Mungo's.

Her eyes flickering open ever so slightly, as the moonlight shone through glass painted window.

A blinding pain in her abdomen was what woke her. As she stared up at the ceiling, hearing small sniffs come from the side of her and a hand grip her own from the other side.

"How you feeling kid?" Kingsley whispered gently, as her eyes fell on him and she let out a small smile.

"Felt better...how is every- SIRIUS!" She had only just remembered, shooting her head up and looking frantically round the room.

Her stomach was killing, her heart was pounding and when her eyes finally rested on her uncle, sat in the bed across from her, staring mindlessly at his bed sheets, she felt no ease whatsoever.

Liv was curled up in side, fast asleep, as his lips pressed against the top of her head. His eyes flickering with what looked like guilt and pain, not even bothering to look up when hearing his name being called.

He looked as if he had been crying, so did Kingsley.

"W-what? What's happened...who's dead?" She stuttered, her bottom lip already trembling as she looked up at the sorrow man next to her who dropped his head.

Her attention then fell onto Remus. Sat at her bed side, elbows rested against the mattress, head in hands as he let out a small sob at her words.

"Oh thank god" she breathed, pulling herself down the bed slightly so she could wrap him in her arms, "You're okay" she nodded to herself, pulling back gently to examine his arm that was wrapped up in bandages.

She looked around the room, Mad-eye sat in a chair next to Tonks who looked a lot better then the last time she saw her.

Mad-eye's eye trained on Caitlin's stomach from across the room, before his gaze snapped to her painfully and then looking down at the floor with a small grunt leaving the back of his throat.

Harry lay in a bed next to Sirius, asleep. His friends scattered round the room, occupying other beds, yet awake. All awake...all not muttering a word.

The entire room was silent. Dead.

"Kingsley...what the hell am I missing?" She said in a warning tone, as she continued holding her husband's head against her chest.

"Please d-don't..." Remus whispered in a shaky voice, finally looking up at her and pushing her arms away. His entire face drowned in tears. "I-I can't...I can't listen to it"

"Listen to what?! What's wrong?" She exclaimed, cupping his wet cheeks in her hands as he continued to cry.

Shaking his head slowly, he climbed on to the bed, sinking under the covers with her as he rested his head against her chest, wrapping his arm around her aching waist and letting sob after sob leave his throat.

"I-I...I am so sorry" he whispered, as she held him tightly against her, looking up at Kingsley who was now wiping his own tears away, his back facing her so she wouldn't see and letting out a pained grunt.

"P-please tell me what's wrong" she whispered in fright, her lips kissing the top of Remus' head, "You're scaring me"

"M-my...my p-pups..." he stuttered, as her breath caught in her throat, and she shook her head slowly.

"What...what are you talking about?"

Her mind was blank. She couldn't remember anything past seeing the spell leave bellatrix's wand. Her heart raced in her ears, everything else becoming white noise as the healer explained the complications that occurred during battle.