Black lace

"I know I act like I hate you two together, but I really am happy for you both" Sirius sighed, looking out towards the dance floor as he watched his niece dance with Kingsley.

"I know" Remus nodded slowly, patting him on the back in a brotherly way, "And for what it's worth, that blonde over there seems to be making you very happy too"

Sirius' gaze fell from Caitlin and onto Liv, who sat perched against the windowsill, glass of whiskey in hand, swirling it around mindlessly, in thought.

"Yeah...and that blonde looks like she is about to chuck herself off the astronomy tower" he mumbled, his brows furrowed as he walked away from his friend. "You okay love?"

Her head shot up rather quickly at the sound of his voice and she forced a small smile and nodded. 

"Yeah...yeah, I'm okay" she breathed, standing up and taking his hand, "Dance with me?"

"Of course" he replied, worry and confusion still evident in his voice and features, as she led him to the middle of the room.

He placed his hand on her waist carefully, searching her eyes as he did so. She avoided his gaze best as possible, which only made his heart sink deeper. She looked off behind him, watching Caitlin giggle into Remus' side as he placed a small kiss on her head and smiled softly to herself as they swayed.

"You don't want me anymore do you?" Sirius stated after a while of silent dancing, his eyes pained and emotional as her head snapped back to him in confusion.

"What?!" She exclaimed, with a small laugh, "Why the hell would you think that?"

"You are acting strange...You won't look at me, you're sitting on you're own in the corner, and you look sad...like really really sad" he let his hand rest against her cheek as she closed her eyes at his touch, a lone tear falling from her lid as he did.

"I-I-" she stuttered, trying to swallow down the lump that was forming in her throat.

"I understand" he sighed, his voice breaking slightly, "If you don't want to be with me anymore then-"

"I love you Black" she whispered, her eyes scrunched together as if preparing for a blow to the face.

Sirius stopped swaying. His body frozen as his eyes widened.

"You...um...you what?" he croaked out, his throat now rather dry as he swallowed continuously.

"Please don't freak out" she breathed, opening her eyes and giving him a pleading look as his face remained motionless and lost, "Okay...I know it's way too soon and you don't feel the same, It's just that lately I've been feeling a little...I don't even know, because I've never felt it before, not like this anyway...And now I'm rambling and I just don't want you to freak out and-"

He grabbed her face rather abruptly, connecting his lips with hers as she fell into his body. Her hand reaching up to the back of his neck, pulling him closer as he let out a small, breathless groan.

"W-what was that for?" she stuttered, bright red as she composed herself.

"I needed to shut you up somehow, didn't I?" He smirked, twirling her around as they both started laughing.

"Did you hear what they were saying?" Caitlin whispered to the side of Remus as he stared off at the two still dancing and laughing.

"I...um...yeah I did" he nodded slowly, looking down at the girl who held an expectant look, "It was slightly confusing" he chuckled.

"Oh just tell me tomorrow" she sighed, waving him off as she linked her arm around his and leant her head against it, "I can't be bothered with their drama right now"