Mates

When Caitlin woke the next morning, she was on her own. Lay in the heaps of covers that softly balanced on top of her bare skin. Her eyes still firmly shut, she stretched her arm above her head and allowed her back to pop in several places satisfyingly, before turning on her side and patting the bed, searching with her hand for a body next to her. When she couldn't her eyes slowly peeled themselves open and looked round the room for Remus, who was no where to be seen.

Now that she wasn't caught up in her sexual haze, she was able to take in his bedroom properly. The small oak desk in the corner, with a chipped and unsturdy stool accompanying it. Scattered pieces of paper across the surface and a pile of books mile high. He had only one bedside table, as he lived alone, a single tea cup balanced on the book she had given him for his birthday back at Hogwarts.

 She smiled to herself, thinking of how he kept it at his bedside and let her eyes travel round the rest of the room.

The one small window on the right hand side of the room looked out over the empty street that the house lay on, bright and colourful trees surrounding the scenery and a lone path winding down between them.

On the left hand side, a door which she assumed led to the bathroom, as a fluffy towel hung from the corner of its hinges and a large cushioned arm chair, with a light blue cardigan folded neatly on top.

His room was very bland, but very Remus. She could wake up here every day and she loved the fact that she was going to from now on.

She slid out of bed, now realising she was naked and looked around for her clothes. When unable to find them she noticed a note that lay against the cardigan and pulled a curious face.

Opening it, she began to giggle like a small school girl and blush furiously.

I hid your clothes...oops, 

guess you'll have to wear this

Good morning Sweetheart x

"You are too cute Remus Lupin" she smiled, unfolding his soft cardigan that she remembered so vividly well, from when she use to cuddle up to it on late nights in his office, and made her way downstairs slowly.

She only walked slowly as she wanted to take in the rest of her new home. Seeing that the hall way was quite bland other then a small briefcase that lay against the wooden railing of the stairs with the label, Professor, R.J.Lupin.

She sighed painfully, thinking of how the one job he loved he had to leave because of something he could not control, the thought actually making her heart ache but attempting to brush it off quickly as she walked down the creaky stairs.

The cardigan that hung off her shoulders was quite large and fell just below her knees. The neck line stopped above the arch of her breast and she loved how soft and gentle the fabric felt against her skin.

She caught a glimpse of the living room as she got to the bottom of the stairs and went to walk in before hearing a small shuffle in the kitchen at the bottom of the hall and smiling giddily as she practically skipped towards it.

She stood at the door, admiring the man before her. He stood at the stove, side on from her, with only a pair of Pyjama bottoms on which hung so low on his hips that she could see the small out line of his abdominal V muscle. His chest was bare and rising and falling quite peacefully as he stirred the pan of food in front of him. His hair a messy nest of curls that made her stomach flutter and his hand that reached up and rubbed his eye socket tiredly as he let out a small yawn.

She could have stood there all day and simply watched him but she knew she had to make her presence known before he caught a glimpse of her and labelled it as creepy.