Spoken lies

A few months had passed and it was coming up to Christmas.

Caitlin and Remus had fallen into the hustle and bustle of parenting life, on top of Order meetings, full moons and Mad-eye pushing for her to go back to the ministry.

When the first full moon came around, both Caitlin and Remus felt broken. Hearing their child screech out in pain was not only torture for her but then she had to watch her husband do the same.

As time went on, it got easier, there was still the obvious pain of transforming but Moony had developed an understanding that he had to be their quicker, his presence calm the little wolf greatly and soothed her pain without her even knowing it.

"I said no! Hope is only 6 months, and in all honesty, as incredible as Remus is, I don't trust him with her on his own for days on end!" Caitlin huffed, stood in the kitchen, behind her chair one night, across from Moody, as Remus, Sirius, Liv and the Weasley couple sat at the table watching awkwardly.

"Thanks for that, love" Remus nodded sarcastically with a straight and awkward face.

"Sorry" she mumbled back before focusing her attention back on the disfigured man who was sending her a death stare, "You said I could have a year"

"That was when there was three" he grunted sternly as she let out another exasperated groan.

"For gods sake Moody! Just give me a fucking break!" She shouted desperately, instantly regretting it.

The room fell silent.

No one had EVER raised their voice to Alastor Moody before, and when Caitlin did not only did everyone's eyes, who were sat at the table, widen, but so did the Head auror himself.

He cleared his throat sternly, sending her a sharp nod as his mangled jaw clenched and his demeanour turned cold.

"Yes Lupin" He grunted,watching as her face of fear turned into one of confusion, "You can have as long as bloody want...you aren't returning to the ministry"

And with that he hobbled off through the kitchen door, his staff smacking more aggressively then usual against the wooden floor boards as Caitlin's now very limp body dropped into a chair in disbelief at his words and Remus and Sirius called after him to reason.

"Come on mate, that's not fair, just cut her some slack" Sirius called his hand out stretched as he followed after the man.

"Alastor be reasonable, she has just had a child" Remus pleaded formally, as he walked along beside his friend, looking at the large and hunched over back of Moody, just the three of them stood in the corridor.

"She had a child six months ago and has been using it as an excuse ever since!" He growled over his shoulder as the other two both let out an annoyed scoff, "And I refuse to let my best auror slack on me in the middle of god damn war!! She is either with me, or she goes!!"

Crack.

"Well..." Sirius breathed with raised eyebrows as he turned to look at a very stressed out Remus, "That went well"

"Absolute prick!" Caitlin exclaimed as the two men walked back into the kitchen with solemn looks, "So I swore at him!? What else is new? I swear all the time"

"Yes dear and I really wish you wouldn't" Molly sighed as the new mother sent her an annoyed look and she backed down immediately, "Sorry sweetheart"

"Just give him some time pup he's just being stubborn" Sirius reassured, but Caitlin was raging, her blood boiled, as she paced up and down the kitchen, her hand running through her hair in stress.