Ghost

Days turned into weeks at the burrow. The weeks got easier, much more easier. She cried a lot less, laughed a lot more and simply enjoyed the chaotic bustle of The Weasley's. She had been spending a lot of time with the twins, as they knew how to make her laugh and when George wasn't around she could speak to Fred about how she was doing. Molly kept throwing her sympathetic looks which she brushed off the best she could and Arthur being Arthur noticed nothing different. He treated her as normal and was the oblivious, sweet and kind man she loved him for.

"Kingsley is coming round tonight Caitlin, you like him don't you?" Arthur stated across the breakfast table one morning, after shoving two slices of bacon in his mouth eagerly.

"Yes I do, I can't wait" Caitlin beamed. She hadn't seen Kingsley since Christmas and she had missed him dearly.

Christmas. The kiss under the mistletoe and the chuckles from a distance.

Everything never failed to remind her of him, but it got easier. The twang in her chest still remained but the tears never came. She had learnt to control them and the only time they would ever fall is when she was alone.

"It will be nice to see Kingsley again, did he mention whether Remus was coming with him or not dear?" Molly questioned from the other side of the table, causing Caitlin to look up from her food and giving Molly a terrified look.

"R-remus?" she stuttered, trying to swallow the, now very dry, piece of bacon that was lodged in her throat.

"Yes dear, Kingsley said he'd ask him for us" Molly nodded, giving her a small smile as if she was doing her a favour but Caitlin just continued to stare, looking away from the woman and to Fred who held the exact same expression as she did.

"No love, he didn't say, I'm sure Remus will turn up though, such a polite chap" Arthur replied.

No no no, I can't see him, not now.

"If you'll excuse me I just need to use the toilet" Caitlin pardoned politely, rising from her chair with shaking hands and practically running to the bathroom and slamming the door behind her.

She slid down the creaking door and tried to steady her very short and thinning breath. She felt as if her chest was caving in on her and her throat was closing. Was she having a panic attack?

The tears began to fall and she ran her hands through her hair in stress. She couldn't see him. She couldn't look him in the eye now, not after trying so hard to get over him. It had only been a matter of weeks yet she thought she was getting better. However just at the thought of seeing him again made her want to fade away.

"Caitlin, It's just me, open up" Fred whispered from the other side of the door. She reached for the handle and unlocked it, opening the door and revealing a very solemn looking Fred, taking in her tears and shakiness. "Come here"

He dropped to the floor and held her against him, wrapping his arms around her back as she cried.

"I don't think I can do it Freddie" she whispered into him.

"Yes you can, you are gonna dress up and look absolutely fire and you are going to show that poor bastard what he's missing" he replied strongly.

"You channelling you inner Liv there Fred?" Caitlin chuckled through her tears.

"Yep, did it work?" he grinned.

"Yeah it did"

She stood in the full length mirror after changing her outfit over 20 times. She was so nervous and could feel her heart beating a mile a minute.