Back on track

Eventually, all four of them had staggered their way back into the house, shushing each other through their giggles as they dropped down onto their own seats around the kitchen table.

"What time is it Moony?" Sirius called over as Remus pulled out a bottle of whiskey from the cupboard and four glasses.

He looked down at his watch and winced, "4 o clock"

"Well I suppose there isn't much point of going to sleep" Caitlin laughed as the other's nodded in agreement.

Liv collapsed down onto Sirius lap with a wide grin. A grin that had been permanently etched on to both of their faces ever since she had said yes.

"You know what this means Caitlin?" Liv called over her shoulder, her eyes still locked onto his grey ones with so much love.

"I swear to god...if you say what I think you are about to s-"

"Auntie Liv!!" She burst out laughing as Caitlin threw a piece of bread at her, which clearly missed due to her askew vision and the men around her joined in with the laughter.

"The only person you are auntie to is Hope!" Caitlin warned, her eyes narrowing slightly as Remus walked out of the room without another word.

"Where is he going?" Sirius questioned, as Caitlin shrugged in confusion, hearing him walk up the stairs, the floorboards creaking under his feet.

A few moments later, she heard the floorboards again, hearing him mutter something to himself as he clumsily walked back down them, stumbling back into the kitchen.

"Remus! It's 4 o clock in the morning she isn't suppose to be awake!" Caitlin scolded, as her husbands wide grin never faltered, holding her against his side as he stuck his tongue and used one finger to tickle her neck as Hope laughed melodically, wriggling around in his arms.

Caitlin couldn't exactly stay mad at him when he looked so adorable with her but she was still going to try.

"Put her to bed now!" She said sternly as his glassy eyes snapped to her and pouted giddily, sticking his bottom lip out with big puppy dog eyes.

"But...but she's awake" he whined like a child as Sirius now jumped up, stretching his hands out to the baby and clapping them together.

"Come on flower girl, let's have a talk" he slurred, practically prying her out of Remus' unwilling arms as the wolf rolled his eyes and slumped down in his chair next to Caitlin crossing his arms over his chest.

"You know...when your drunk, you really are a child" Caitlin giggled, resting her head against his shoulder but his eyes remained glued to the baby and his friend, "What's up?"

"I feel like I never get time with her" He mumbled, "Someone is always taking her off me, whether it's molly, or Sirius or Kingsley, it's always someone. At this rate, she isn't going to know who I am"

Caitlin lifted her head off his shoulder in slight surprise, looking at his rather disappointed face as he anxiously twiddled his thumbs in his lap.

"I know it's childish" he sighed, "But I can't help but feel it"

"It's not childish Rem" Caitlin breathed, pressing her lips against his shoulder, and taking one of his nervously fiddling hands in hers, "I get it"

"So kid, I've been thinking..." Sirius spoke away to the babbling baby, who was gently tugging at one of his curls, sat on the edge of the table in front him, "There is no one in this world who would look prettier than you in a little dress, holding a basket of flower thingies and having the time of your life whilst you throwing them all over the floor, making a mess of uncle pads living room, so what do you say? Want to be flower girl?"