Playful anger

"Where's Vance?" Moody grunted as everyone took there seat at the table. Sirius in his usual seat at the head of the table, legs propped up on Caitlin's lap, Remus next to her and Liv across from them.

"Vance will not be returning anytime soon" Remus muttered, his head bowed low, his jaw clenched together as the other three nodded.

"What?" Kingsley questioned down the table as everyone else gave each other confused expressions, "But she is important to the Order"

"She called Caitlin a slag" Liv chimed with a shrug as Kingsley's face dropped immediately.

"Nevermind...don't need her" he stated simply, taking a sip of his drink as if nothing had happened.

"She did what?" Moody asked, walking over to the four still very furious, "Why would she say that?"

"Because she fancied Moony" Sirius scoffed as the other three nodded in agreement, Remus' hand still very much clutched in Caitlin's as he attempted to control the emotions bubbling inside of him.

"Please Mad-eye...just drop it for now" Caitlin whispered, averting her eyes to Remus who's leg was bobbing up and down as he stared intensely at the wood of the table.

Mad-eye's brows furrowed, looking between the two until it clicked and he sent her a sharp nod.

"Sit this one out Lupin...both of you" He grunted turning his back as they stood up rather abruptly and left the room.

Making their way down the corridor in silence, they entered the living room and Remus let out an anger filled groan, running his hand through his hair as he paced back and forth.

"Please Rem...just calm down" Caitlin sighed, stood watching him pace as he shook his head slowly.

"I should kill her...I should actually kill her for what she said to you!" He spat, throwing his arms up in the arm, his anger increasing more and more with every step.

"Remus it's-"

"IT'S NOT FINE! Stop saying it's fine because it's not!!" He screamed, stopping in his tracks and baring down on her with flaming eyes as she flinched slightly at the volume, not from fear but shock.

His chest heaved up and down, as he stood millimetres away from her body, she could feel his warmth radiating off him.

Carefully placing a cold hand on his cheek, she looked deep in his eyes and his hard and dangerous exterior melted instantly.

"Sit down" she whispered, as his head dropped in guilt and he nodded slowly, turning to walk over to the couch slowly with shaking hands as she followed behind him.

She picked up a ragged blanket from the arm of the couch, and as he sat, she dropped to his side, curling up next to him and draping the blanket over the two as he let out a long and sad sigh, his arms wrapping around her body and holding her tightly against him.

"I'm sorry" he whispered into her hair, his voice breaking slightly as he held her even tighter, "I am so sorry"

"I know" she sighed, wrapping her arm around his stomach and resting her head against his chest, "It's not your fault"

"It is, love. You shouldn't have to put up with this" he whispered again, his voice trembling as he swallowed the lump in his throat with effort, "You shouldn't have to put up with any of this"

Lifting her head up to look into his tear-filled eyes she shook her head slowly and heaved herself up so she was eye level with him.

"When will you get it into your brilliant mind that I don't care" she huffed, holding his face as a lone tear trickled down his cheek, "I love you Remus, I love everything about you, even your wolf...So I understand that your emotions are a bit all over the place right now, therefore I will let you shout, trust me any other day I'd be screaming right back, but today is your one pass...today is the day you have every right to scream and shout and throw things"