Amends.

The week had flown by quite quickly. Lesson after lesson. Homework piling up.

The dreams she had been having, swiftly pushed to the back of her head as she sat in the last lesson of the day, staring mindlessly into the abys as a muffled, low tone stood at the front of the class teaching the exceedingly boring lesson.

Snape had been teaching them about Felix Felicis and the awarding properties it possessed when the bell rang signalling the students to leave.

Caitlin had been waiting all day for that final bell. Knowing that as soon as it rang she could run up to her dormitory and start getting ready for the epic party that the three of her friends and  herself had been planning all week. She had picked out the outfit she was going to wear on the Wednesday and both her and Liv had stacks of bottles in their trunks covered over my two small blankets.

Rapidly shoving the empty parchment and ink into her bag, she slung it over her shoulder and made for the door.

"Miss Kingsley, may I have a word?" came a monotoned voice from the side of her as she tried to escape past his desk.

"Sir, I must get going. I have important plans" she replied courteously, trying to excuse herself before she felt an iron-like grip on her wrist.

"As your superior...I do believe your choice in the matter is insignificant...I'm sure the Weasley's can wait a few moment longer" he sneered, whilst glowering down at her.

She was taken back by his sudden aggression.

He had never spoke to her in such manner, and quite frankly, it scared her greatly. Yet she kept her stance calm and smiled kindly.

"Very well Professor. What is it you need?"

"Take a seat. We need to talk" he gestured to the chair at his desk with a sharp flick of his head as he slowly released her arm.

Taking her seat she recalled the last time she was in this position and prayed that the matter would not be on the same subject. She had no idea what had come over her that night but it had bothered her greatly and in all honesty she was still very annoyed with him and his blatant rudeness concerning Remus.

"Professor- I'd like to apologise for my actions Monday night. It was disrespectful for me to talk in such manner-" She stated professionally, as if in a meeting.

Snape nodded, accepting her apology triumphantl, yet she continued.

"However...sir...if what you need to talk to me about so urgently, is once again regarding Professor Lupin, I would kindly ask you do not pursue the subject further. I have no issue with him, unlike your very clear unresolved problems, and do not wish you "warn me" about him or any other teacher for that matter. He is a much more than capable teacher and a very kind man at that and you'd be surprised at-"

"Lupin...so lovely for you to join us" Snape teased smugly his eyes still fixed to the determined girl.

Remus stood frozen in his place, in awe of the girl sat at the desk. Her professional manner disintegrating as she took in his shocked appearance. He had been stood there for a good few minutes whilst she made  her case and was absolutely outstanded that she had  been defending him against, what his third years call, 'The most terrifying teacher in Hogwarts'. Admiration and gratefulness washed over him like a sea of emotions as his eyes were still glued to the young woman. How could she speak so confidently about a man she barely knew? How could she stand up for him so assured that she was right when she hadn't known him for long? How could she stand up for him at all?

"Professor.." Caitlin whispered shyly in greeting snapping Remus out of his thoughts.

He shook his head and turned to Snape quickly, clearing his throat and swallowing hard to try and ease the dryness that had overcome it.