Images

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

"It's much too early for this"

"Come on sleepy head, we've got some celebrating to do"

It was March the 10th and Caitlin had overheard a conversation Dumbledore was having with McGonagall about Remus' birthday, which happened to be that exact day. He hadn't mentioned anything to her at all, in fact, she had barely seen him all week. The full moon was a week ago, so he had no reason to be absent, therefore he attended classes, taught as well as he usually would but no glances were exchanged in that upcoming week. No visits, or subtle winks. Did he not celebrate his birthday or something?

"Have you heard?" Liv questioned from behind her as she made her way to his office.

"Oh...hi, heard what?" she replied.

"Wolfie's birthday!" She beamed, getting just as excited as Caitlin was.

"Will you stop calling him that! You know he hates it!" Caitlin exclaimed, hitting her lightly on the arm as they walked side by side.

"That's the point sweetie" she teased back.

"How did you find out?" Caitlin questioned after a while.

"Heard Dumbledore talking about it, you?"

"Same" She nodded, "Why do you think he didn't mention anything?"

Liv simply shrugged. 

"Maybe he's just one of those people who doesn't like getting older" she replied after a moment as they walked into the classroom and up the stairs to his office.

"Not here" Liv stated, looking round the empty room and slumping into her now accustomed chair.

"He is" Caitlin replied absentmindedly, staring at the fireplace that was still closed. She walked slowly towards it and tapped the ornament in the corner, whilst receiving a strange look from her friend.

"You look mental you-" she halted as the fire place shifted to one side and the brown wooden door came into view, "Okay...that's cool"

Caitlin decided instead of barging in to just knock on the door lightly, in case he had been asleep.

"Who is it?" Came a low and grumbled voice from behind the door making her heart clench in excitement.

"Wait" Liv whispered, standing up with a smirk and waving her hand for Caitlin to stay quiet. She cleared her throat and tried to put on her best house elf impression.

"Your breakfast, Professor" she squeaked, her voice higher than Caitlin had ever heard as she clasped her hand around her mouth, trying to contain her laughter.

"Oh, wonderful" Remus replied, swinging the door open with a small smile, only for it to drop at seeing the two girls beaming faces.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" They shouted in unison, as he ran a tired hand over his face and winced at their volume. He had absolutely no intention of celebrating his birthday this year, how could he? It just meant he was another year older, his age slipping past him as she remained young and youthful.

"It's much too early for this" he groaned, trying to shut the door on them before Caitlin reached out and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of his bedroom and into the office as he tried to resist.

"Come on sleepy head, we have some celebrating to do" she urged as she dragged him to his chair and poured him a whiskey.

"There's absolutely nothing to celebrate" he scoffed, running his hands through his hair as his elbows rested against the edge of his desk.