Christmas at the Burrow.

"Where are you going for Christmas this year?"

"The Weasley's, I go every year, What about you?"

"Not too sure just yet"

The ball had finished on the biggest high either of them had ever felt and they sat in his office, a glass of fire whiskey shared between the two, curled up on the small desk chair. Caitlin still wore her ball gown but it was now accompanied by one of Remus' sweaters, as the cold winter air nipped at her skin.

They sat peacefully, the red of her dress contrasting with the midnight black of his suit. His hand running through her hair as she rested a small book on her lap, the pages fraying and worn and the cover smelling old and leathery.

"I told Liv to come up later when she was done, that okay?"

"Of course" he nodded sending her a small smile.

"I like the fact that you too get along" she mused, lowering her head against his chest and settling her self down into his familiar body.

"I wouldn't say we get along" he chuckled.

They sat for what felt like hours, his heart beat under her ear as she read over the poetic words of the book, the lines in each sentence filling her mind with literature and romance and the feeling of his warm fingertips running up and down her back sent her into a world of pure elation.

Her legs once again crossed over his, pressed together and brought up to her chest, curled in a ball against his body sideways. His cheek had been rested against the top of her head, his eyes closed, memories of their dance flooding back to him, his heart racing and his body alighting with love.

A knock came from the door of his office and voice called out:

"Put your clothes back on, I'm coming in" Liv teased, as she walked into the lightly dimmed room and flashed them both a small grin. Looking down at the two who remained glued to their places, barely acknowledging her presence, too absorbed in each other.

"You two are adorable" she sighed, taking the seat across from them and pouring herself a glass of whiskey from Remus' stash on the table.

"Have a drink Callwell" Remus stated sarcastically, watching her take a sip of the burning liquid and letting out a slight cough.

"Jesus! How do still possess a liver" she groaned, placing the drink down with a grimace and watching as Remus wrapped his hand around the glass, bringing it slowly up to his lips and swallowing the whole thing in one.

"It's called maturity" he winked, causing Caitlin to burst into laughter and Liv to let out an unsubtle eyeroll

"It's called alcoholism" she chimed back, Remus chuckling at her statement as Caitlin felt his chest vibrate against her body.

She sat up straight on his lap and leant against the desk to face her friend, raising one eyebrow in question and giving her a serious look.

"So...did you and Fred..you know?"

"Why do you always have to do this when I'm here" Remus groaned, but not making any effort to leave, looking at Liv with the same curious expression and waiting for an answer.

"No" Liv stated simply, shrugging her shoulders and leaning back in her chair as Caitlin gave her a confused look and a small smirk began to curl at her friend lips. "OF COURSE WE DID!" she exclaimed in glee.

"YOU DID!!"

"Well we didn't do THAT but he kissed me...it was incredible" she sighed with a love struck gaze.