Department of mysteries

{Trigger warning}

"You know...we haven't decided on names yet" Remus mumbled one very warm and stuffy night in June.

They lay on top of the blankets, a book in each hand, Caitlin's head on Remus' chest , his fingers running through her hair whilst they read.

"Have you thought of any?" She questioned back, resting her hand on her now quite risen stomach as she felt one of them kick.

She was now 4 months pregnant. 4 months, 4 full moons...that got easier with time. Remus' wolf transformed a lot quicker knowing his mate was in pain and his pups were scared therefore Caitlin didn't have to go through so much torment.

Their room in Grimmauld place now possessed a rather large pile of knitted sweaters, courtesy of Mrs Weasley and ALOT of baby toys that Arthur had found for them.

"I've thought of a few... but I highly doubt you'll approve" he chuckled.

"Go on...I'll try my best not to judge" she giggled as they sat themselves up excitedly.

"Okay so...for the boys I was think Alfie and Theodore" he started with a wince of anticipation as he watched her blank reaction.

"You know I love you..." she started slowly with a small smirk, placing her hand over his and giving him a sympathetic look, "But we aren't giving birth to an 80 year old Rem"

He let out a loud spout of laughter and shook his head in amusement as she joined.

"Very well then...what do you think?"

"Well I like Alfie, but Theodore is just so old fashioned" she sighed, "oh... how about Teddy?"

"Hm...I like that" he nodded with a small smile, leaning his head down to her stomach with a smirk, "what do you think?" He whispered, "Teddy sound good?"

Caitlin received a sharp kick which made her jolt up in surprise as Remus gave her a worried look.

"Okay...I suppose Teddy it is" She laughed gently with wide eyes.

"And what about my little princess? What will she be called?" He smiled sweetly, now leaning against the mattress on his elbows and resting his chin on Caitlin's abdomen.

"I thought I was your princess?" Caitlin teased, as she rested her hand against the back of his soft curls and ran her finger through the strands.

"You are my Queen darling" he stated surely, his eyes sparkling with love and adoration as he looked up at her. "My Queen who is gifting me with my pups"

"Okay...I suppose that's fine then" she grinned, leaning her head down as she brushed her lips against his lightly.

"How about Hope?" Remus suggested after a while of tracing circles along her stomach.

"Where did you come up with that one?" She asked in curiosity, very much liking the name.

"It was my mother's" he stated simply, his eyes still remaining on his hand that drew little swirls and lines against her skin, his head now rested in her lap, listening to his children's heart beat for the thousandth time. A sound that never ceased to amaze and captivate him.

"Hope..." Caitlin nodded surely, letting the name sink it, "I think that's beautiful"

"Hope it is then" Remus agreed with a small smile.

"Have you heard from Harry, pads?" Caitlin asked the next morning, plopping a piece of chocolate in her mouth, as her Uncle shook her head with a worried look present on his face.