Protector

"What now? We just wait for the wolf? What if he doesn't turn up?"

"Trust me, he'll show, she's his mate"

"And Black?"

"She's his niece, they'll both come, don't you worry"

Remus woke groggily, back in his own bed at Grimmauld place, a few days after the wedding. He slung an arm over Caitlin's waist, his eyes still shut only for his arm to hit the mattress heavily.

Furrowing his brows, he peeled open one eye and glanced to her side of the bed where it lay empty.

"Caitlin?" He called out sleepily, not thinking much of her absence, knowing she was probably either downstairs or with the babies. 

When he was answered by silence, he decided to slip on his pyjama bottoms and look out into the empty corridor.

"Padfoot?" He called, as Sirius shouted a confused 'what' from the kitchen, "Is Caitlin down there?"

"Yes?" He spoke slowly, slightly confused at his questioning, as Remus let out a small breath of relief, and chuckled to himself at his own paranoia.

"Ah, good morning darling" Remus smiled at his wife that was sat at the kitchen table, placing a kiss on the back of head and taking the seat next to her as she smiled sweetly to him.

"Good morning baby" she smiled, as Remus furrowed his brows in confusion and slight amusement at the pet name she had never called him before.

His amusement dropped slightly as she inspected her face, the edgy manner she held and the tone of her voice that was an octave lower then usual.

"You feeling alright, love?" He questioned gently and quietly, dropping his head so the other two couldn't hear.

"Yes, why?" She questioned, a wide a slightly menacing grin on her face which only caused Remus' eyes to narrow in more suspicion.

Seeing this, she quickly grabbed the back of his neck and smacked her lips against his, catching him off guard in hope it would distract him. 

Yet being so accustomed to the perfect way his wife kissed him, he immediately filled with rage, grabbing the imposter by the throat and slamming her against the wall behind them.

"MOONY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Sirius shouted, jumping out of his chair and attempting to peel the mans hand away from his niece's neck.

"R-remus...I-I can't breathe" Caitlin choked out, slapping his hand in order for him to release her as his flaming eyes bared into hers in rage.

"When I held Caitlin in my office chair, and said we had to leave she said '5 more minutes' what was my response?" He growled, pushing Sirius away with his free hand as him and Liv looked between the two in confusion and fear.

The worry on Caitlin's face dropped and she rolled her eyes, a wicked and twisted grin curling at her lips as a dead and manic look took over her eyes.

"Bedding your students Lupin? Tut tut" The woman scolded in her own voice now, still taking on the appearance of Caitlin as Remus let out a loud and terrifying growl, pinning her neck even further into the wall.

"Where the hell is my wife?!" he demanded aggressively as Sirius' eyes shot wide when Caitlin's snapped onto his.

"Hello cousin" she snarled wickedly.

"P-please don't do this" Caitlin cried, tied up against a metal pipe in a cellar, "Where the hell am I?"