Risky

"Holy crap I can't breathe" Sirius sniffed, head in his hands as both him and Caitlin sat side by side on Regulus' bed, tears running down both their faces as they reread his words over and over until their heads physically hurt.

"D-do you think...do you think he really didn't suffer?" Caitlin whispered through her sobs, wiping her soaked cheek with the sleeve of Remus' cardigan.

"I can only hope that he didn't love" Sirius sighed, clawing at his eyes aggressively as tears streamed from them.

Caitlin re-read the words in her shaking hand, the words that stuck out the most to her.

And then once that part of your life is over. Fall madly in love. Fall for that one person that sets your soul alight, that brings you out of the shadows on those dark and gloomy days. That one person that makes your heart soar and your body scream. Meet that one person, whoever it may be, and love them.

That was Remus. That had always been Remus. Without a second thought. She didn't even have to think twice about it, as soon as she read those words, she knew her father would have been proud of her. Because she did exactly what he wanted her to do. She fell so madly in love.

"Let's go" Sirius sniffed, standing up from the bed and taking one last glance around, but instead of looking upon the room with a strong sense of pain and loss, he was finally able to smile. The smallest of smiles, but nodding to himself surely as a small weight lifted off his chest that had been there for over 15 years, "Thanks, Reg"

Caitlin and Sirius walked slowly to the door, Caitlin with the letter in her hand and Sirius with the photo frame of his brother and his niece.

"Can I-Can I keep the one where I'm on his knee" Caitlin asked shyly as he nodded with a small smile and took it out, replacing it with the other photo of his brother in the garden.

Looking over their shoulder's once more with a happier sensation, they opened the door to be greeted by the extremely anxious Liv and Remus leaning against the wall across from the door as their heads shot up at the sound and sad expressions took over their faces as they looked at the person in front of them with red eyes and tears still hanging off their cheeks.

"Come here" Remus sighed gently as Caitlin ran over to him with pooled eyes and he held her tightly against him as she let out small cries against is chest.

Sirius did the same with the blonde, wrapping his arms around her back and burying his head into the crook of her neck as he sobbed silently against her, tears pricking her own eyes at the pain her love was feeling.

"Thankyou" Caitlin whispered against Remus' chest as his face dropped in confusion and he directed her head away from his chest, cupping her face in his large hands and allowing her eyes to meet his.

"Thankyou?" He repeated in question, "These are not sad tears?"

"No" she chuckled gently, closing her eyes softly and leaning further into his warm touch, "They really aren't"

"He wrote her a letter" Sirius croaked out, lifting his head from the blonde's shoulder and looking across at Remus who was still rather befuddled.

"It was for both of us Pads. And he kept some pictures of the two of us" Caitlin smiled, looking down at the moving photograph in her hand.

"Jesus...I feel like I picked the wrong brother" Liv joked, looking over her shoulder with a wide grin as Sirius nipped her sides playfully.