Until the sun comes up

"Come on, Black, I still have that little present for you" Remus pulled Caitlin out of the room as they both started sprinting up stairs giddily.

"Oh come Moony, give yourself some credit...it's not little...it's average" she teased with a wide grin as he stopped in his tracks and turned round slowly to give her a stern and dark impression.

"Is it now?" He growled, pushing her up against the wall, half way up the stairs, his hands gripped onto her hips as he looked down at her fiercely.

"Tell me love...if it is only average...why is that gorgeous bottom lip of yours still marked from the other day?" He whispered, lifting one hand up to her lips and pulling at gently with his thumb as she lost any bit of confidence she possessed and practically melted at his touch.

"I-I-" she stuttered, swallowing hard as he began smirking.

"Thought so" he pecked her lips giddily and began pulling her back up the stairs like a little school boy wanting to show a friend his toys.

"Why do we have to do it upstairs?" Caitlin laughed behind him, her arm being stretched outwards by his as they made their way to their bedroom.

"Because people may get the wrong idea" he mumbled.

He sat her down on the bed as she waited excitedly, placing her hands on her lap with a wide smile. As he  rushed back over and stood in front of her nervously, a small dark, blue velvet box clutched in his hand.

She looked between the box and him and then back to the box, as it began lowering to her height along with Remus...who was now...down...on...one...knee.

"W-what are doing?" Caitlin stuttered, watching as he remained leant against one knee with the box in hand.

"Not what you think" he chuckled.

He slowly opened the box, revealing a delicate and beautiful rose gold band, a crescent moon and constellation of stars attached to it.

She was in awe at it's beauty.

"I um...I had specially made, it's the constellation of The Gemini alignment, from the day we met...um...and then the moon...obviously is my clever wit trying to make a poor joke" he mumbled, pointing to the small sculpture attached to the ring. "I did have a whole speech prepared but it has sort flew out of my mind now that I'm actually doing this...But I love you, and I want you always"

But I love you, and I want you always"

"A-are you-?"

"NO! God no..." he chuckled, "I don't think either of us are ready for that"

" Oh Thankgod" she breathed, craning her head up to the ceiling with a relieved look.

"It's a promise ring"

"Oh yeah...I've heard about those, what do they do?" She questioned, with furrowed brows, her eyes never peeling away from the beautiful ring held out in front of her.