Halloween

It was Halloween night and Caitlin, Fred and George had been sat on the edge of their seats waiting for the explosion of Pumpkins to errupt. They were filled with anticipation and excitement whilst Liv sat in front of them nervously, unaware of what they had done.

"Are you going to tell me what you have done or not?" she huffed.

"Just wait and see little one" Caitlin smirked.

Remus had already got the memo about their little prank and decided it best not to come for dinner tonight to escape any risk of orange stains on his already ruffled attire.

Caitlin was obviously aware of his absence and it weighed down on her slightly, not being able to look up at the Head table and see his charming smile, but she new he didn't want to risk the unsurprised expression he would have when it all went down.

Caitlin looked around the hall at all of the students, completely oblivious to the fact that they would be looking like Donald Trump in the space of two minutes when her eyes landed on the large oak doors of the great hall. A large, shaggy dog sprinting past the archway and up the marvel stairs.

"Pads?" she whispered confusingly. "I'll be back in a sec" she turned to her three friends who were absorbed in conversation and began to walk out of the hall following the sound of patters on stone floor.

"Sirius!" she whisper shouted, as the tall rugged man, in a scruffy prison uniform span round in shock. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"You shouldn't be here!!" he snapped, turning back round and uttering violent words to the fat lady.

"Sirius, you need to leave before someone sees you!!" she went to grab his arm but he pulled it out of her grip and looked at her with anger filled eyes. She faltered, looking at the man she had become so accustomed to, now a completely different person, his face filled with such rage and malice. "What has gotten into you?" she muttered, fearing the man slightly.

"Leave" he spat, no emotion in his voice whatsoever. "This man took everything from me, including you, I'm done waiting"

"Pads, I get it okay? He did and-"

"NO YOU DON'T! YOU DONT GET IT! YOU DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNISE ME FOR FUCKS SAKE! I WAS JUST A MURDERER TO YOU!" his shrill and piercing scream filled the entire corridor as the fat lady cowered in her portrait.

"Yes!" she exclaimed. "I didn't remember you! I didn't recognise my own uncle and I didn't comprehend that the bastard took you away from me! But you are here now...your name is going to be cleared and you will be free...You will be free" her hands reached out for his face as he leant into her embrace, a broken look taking over his face.

"I-I just don't want to be alone anymore" he cried, silent tears falling from his sad eyes as she brought him into a bone crushing embrace.

"Your not" she soothed. "You have the most awesome niece in the world remember?"

"Well that's true" he mumbled into her shoulder.

"Now go okay? Before someone sees you" She wiped a tear away from his cheek and he nodded before turning to the fat Lady and giving her a dirty look.

"Stupid bitch" he muttered, raising his hand and slicing the painting open with a small carving knife, causing Caitlin to let out a booming laughter as Sirius winked at her and transformed back into a dog and sped off.

"See you later" she called as he let out a small bark in response.

She turned back to the now deserted painting and shook her head. "Idiot" she muttered before hearing a huge explosion coming from the hall and she let out a small chuckle.

"I guess we missed it then" came an amused voice from the bottom of the stairs causing her small smile to turn into a wide grin. "What the hell happened to the Fat Lady?"

"Oh...erm.. I don't know, I got here and it was like that" she lied fluidly. She hated lying to him but she knew she had to, he'd never understand.

"Hmm...right well lets go get Dumbledore, see if he knows" he reached a hand out to her and after climbing down a few step she slid hers into his, their fingers intertwining perfectly as they made their way to the great hall, after a moment of walking slowly their contact broke on entrance causing them both to let out a small huff of disappointment.

The entire hall was a sea of orange and they both let out a booming laughter, keeling over and taking in the bright sight before them. First years shivering from the cold liquid and Teachers at the head table looking utterly livid, apart from Dumbledore who looked directly at Caitlin and Remus, who were still in histerics and gave them an approving smile, his white beard a now rich orange.

"Well I think that went well" Came Fred's voice from behind them, who had also left with his brother before the explosion. The twins, Caitlin and Remus stood laughing at the four tables for what felt like hours, Liv sat at the Gryffindor table shaking her head at them in annoyance. The joy and amusement they felt washed away slightly as Dumbledore began to approach them. Remus cleared his throat professionally and stood up straight to greet Dumbledore.

"Professor, the fat Lady seems to have disappeared" he stated, trying to let the wide grin fade from his face.

"Ah I see" Dumbledore replied, no sign of shock on his face, his head slowly turning to look directly at her. "Do you happen to know anything about this Miss. Kingsley" he asked politely, no accusatory tone involved.

"Err-no..sir, I just walked up there and the painting had been sliced, that's when Professor Lupin saw me and we came down to tell you" she stuttered, she was never very good at lying.

"I see" he didn't seem very convinced but walked past them and towards the fat Lady's portrait.

The whole school eventually found out about what happened and their conclusion was inevitably, Sirius Black. Caitlin couldn't exactly try and convince the whole school otherwise so she just rolled with it, hoping no asked her any questions.

"Professor Lupin, would be so kind as to escort Miss Kingsley back to your office, you know why" Dumbledore stated seriously, his eyes baring down onto Lupin's concerned face.

"Of course, Headmaster" he nodded sharply, turning around and ushering her off with a tight grip on her shoulder.

"W-what? Why are we gong to your office?"

"Your staying there tonight I'll make a bed for you or something, but you are not staying with the rest of the school it's too risky" he mumbled as they walked swiftly down the corridors,his eyes trained in front of him. "It's been planned for weeks"

"What is risky? Why with you?" confusion now flooding her senses.

He stopped in his tracks and looked down at her sternly.

"You could act a bit more thrilled to spend the night with me" he smirked, but her face remained serious and he let out a small sigh and began walking at a slower pace, Caitlin following on behind him.

"Your related to him, you know that" he began "We have reason to believe that he might be after you too" to this Caitlin let out a subtle eye roll at the man's idiocy but let him continue. "And the staff decided you'd be safer with me, if he broke in, then anyone else."

"What? why you?"

"Because once...Sirius Black was my best friend"

What the fuck.