Not ready

Dropping to the floor, next to her worst night mare, her eyes wide, no tears, simply dumbfounded, lost, completely and utterly broken.

He only had a few breaths left in him.

His heavy and spaced out eyes searching his surroundings for her, the pain surging through his chest becoming numb as his body heaved its self up and down through wheezy inhales.

"Remus?" She whispered, holding her hand up to his cheek and tilting his head to meet her.

"Oh..." he croaked out, closing his eyes at her touch, "hello"

"You're...you're okay" she whispered, smiling through her watery eyes as she nodded her head in reassurance.

"Pup..." Sirius tried gently, placing his hand on her shoulder as she shrugged it off and met his eyes, his solemn and sad eyes, "he isn't"

"N-no...he's fine...he's fine, look he's talking"  she choked out, shooting her head back to Remus, lay on the dusty floor, his gaze permanently rested on her with a loving and slightly scared look.

His eyes were calm. From lack of blood and from her presence.

"He's held on darling, for...for you" Sirius sniffed, wiping his nose as tears trickled down his cheek, "he hasn't got long left"

"No...your fine right?" She nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat and brushing the fallen hairs out of his eyes "y-your fine"

"M-my love..." Remus choked out, "I-I- need you to do something for me"

"No!" She stated strongly, holding his face in her hands, looking sternly into his watery eyes, "You are NOT leaving me...do you hear? You are going no where!"

As she spoke her words so strongly, she new the longer she denied it, the quicker reality would come.

This was not happening. She was not losing him.

"You are not leaving me" she whispered, dropping her forehead against his, her own tears trickling onto his cheek as he brought his trembling and heavy hand to her cheek.

"I need you to do something for me" he coughed, his breath wheezy as she shook her head against his and cried, "P-please"

"You can't leave me" she begged, gripping onto his muddy shirt, "Y-you...you just can't"

"Please live" he whispered, against her lips that were so close to his, "Don't lose yourself...Hope needs you... Reggie needs you, they-"

"They need you!" She cried, she sobbed, she begged him in every way possible, "They need their dad...I-I need my husband...I need you Remus"

Behind her, Sirius and Liv were sat on the floor. Sirius' legs brought up to his chest, his arms rested against his knees and his head dropped low as he cried, Liv bringing him into her side as she tried to soothe his tears along with her own that were never ending, looking down at her best friend that was fading away.

"Hey..." Remus croaked out, turning his head to the blonde with a small  and tired smirk, coughing with a stinging chest before speaking, "You...you look like you could use a whiskey"

This just made her sob even more, dropping her head on the top of Sirius' as a pained smile curled her lips.

"Dick" she mumbled with trembling lips.

"B-bitch" he smirked back faintly before turning his attention back to his wife.

"I-I love you" he said surely, nodding his head as she shook hers.

"N-no...your saying that at home...your saying that with our children...o-okay? Don't say that...you promised" she pleaded, her entire body trembling as she leant on her knees in front of her dying husband.