Accusations & Poetry

After the filling meal made by Mrs Weasley, everyone had migrated towards the living room. It was the final night together before the kids went back to Hogwarts therefore nearly everyone stayed.

Caitlin sat on the couch next to Kingsley watching Sirius tell a story to the Twins about his time in Hogwarts. He spoke with such passion, Fred and George listening intently, as not to miss a word.

Caitlin noticed that as time went on, Fred had cared a lot less about Sirius and Liv being together, he saw that they were happy and that was enough for him. That then eliminated any awkwardness between her uncle and the ginger boy.

"Another drink, My beautiful wife?" Remus walked over slowly, holding his empty glass out, a small smile tugging at his lips as he looked down on her.

"Hmm...yes please my gorgeous husband" she chuckled, craning her head slightly so he could peck her lips.

"You two knock me sick" Kingsley groaned, holding his stomach and grimacing slightly as he looked away.

"You are just jealous Shacklebolt" Remus laughed, grabbing her empty glass and sending her a wink before heading off to the kitchen.

"I have never seen that man smile so much in my life" Kingsley muttered in disbelief, his eyes following the wolf as he left the room.

"That's what alcohol does to you" Caitlin nodded in amusement.

"No kid...that's what you do to him" he said softly, turning his head to look at her with a smile, "You are good together...real good"

"I know" she sighed happily, leaning her head against his shoulder as he kissed the top gently.

"Okay Lupin...now do we have Whiskey or wine?" Remus mumbled to himself, looking between both bottles in contemplation.

"I would suggest the wine...It's quite nice" Came a unfamiliar voice from behind him as he jumped round in fright.

"Oh...um...hello" he nodded awkwardly to the wiry haired blonde, before turning back around and pouring himself a Whiskey along with Caitlin's, trying his best to avoid conversation at all costs.

"You drinking for two?" Emmeline chimed, leaning her self against the edge of the table cooly as she looked upon his back.

"Um...no, the other is for my wife " he spoke clearly, trying to put across the obvious meaning.

"Ah yes...the young brunette" She nodded, "I had no idea you were married"

"Yep" he said shortly, his back still turned to her as he lifted his hand over his shoulder and waggled his fingers with his wedding ring on.

He span around, sending her another nod and tried to make for the door rather quickly before she continued talking.

"You know...I can't help but think why a man with your maturity is with someone so young" She sighed, twisting one of her curls around her finger as she cocked her head slightly.

"Pardon?" He scoffed, his eyebrows raised in annoyance as he turned back round to face her.

"I don't mean any thing by it!" She exclaimed, waving her hands in the hair and moving slightly closer, "But surely...surely a man of your...calibre would want a woman...and not a girl, someone who can treat you with a bit more experience" she walked closer to him slowly with every word, yet his face remained monotone and bored.

"I sincerely hope you do not mean yourself" Remus sighed in frustration, taking a step back and sending her a stern look.

"Come on Lupin" she breathed, "There's no way that girl can make you happy"