Cigarettes

"And who do we want to come?"

"I reckon just the order and the kids, unless there is anyone else you want to come?"

"I don't have many friends love, Just Padfoot and the rest of the order" Remus chuckled.

They walked down the main road of Hogsmead, hand in hand, making their way up to Hogwarts. The Christmas holidays were still among them so most of the students had gone home to visit their friends and families. The school was quite empty when arriving through the gates and they gave each other a nervous look before entering through the oak door.

Caitlin could feel Remus' hand go clammy against her own as they walked down the familiar corridors they were both so accustomed to.

"Hey..." she stopped, turning to face him and resting her free hand on his scarred cheek, "No matter what he says...we are getting married okay? I love you and I want you...only you"

He leant further into her touch, his eyes flickering shut at the warmth against his face and a small smile tugging at his lips.

"I love you too darling" he sighed, craning his neck down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead, his lips lingering there momentarily before both getting snapped out of their silence rather abruptly.

"Mr Collins!! Will you PLEASE stop-" McGonagall came strutting round the corner, arm raised as she chased after a second year, before her eyes met the two, "Oh...Remus! What are-" Her eyes fell on their intimate position, their closeness, their clasped hands. She swallowed hard as she gave them both a pursed lipped, judgemental look.

Remus let out a small noise from the back of his throat and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"M-minerva" he greeted shyly, his grip tightening on Caitlin's hand as she tried to let go, "We...um...we just came to see Professor Snape"

The thin woman crossed her arms over her chest and tapped the tip of her foot against the floor.

"Both of you?" she chimed knowingly.

"Yes Professor" Caitlin whispered, her head bowed slightly in guilt, "We need to discuss something with him"

"Ah..." she sighed, "And I'm assuming that the topic would be about the so called wedding you two are having...I suppose my owl got lost in transport correct?"

Their heads both shot up to give her a confused look. She wasn't angry that they were together, but angry that they didn't invite her.

"Oh...I-I...we haven't sent any-"

"Yes well...invite or not, I'll be there" she stated, attempting to walk past their bewildered expressions, "It's not every day I get to watch my favourite student get married"

"She means me by the way" Caitlin whispered smugly.

"No I'm quite certain she means me" Remus grinned back. "Right Professor?"

"I will let you two decide that for yourselves" she smiled teasingly over her shoulder before walking out of sight.

"Well that was interesting" Caitlin sighed, before continuing on their way to Snape's office.

"Roses or Lillies?" Remus asked absentmindedly as they walked.

"I didn't think we were going that big" she chuckled back, nudging his side playfully.

"Well...I want it to be special" he smiled sweetly.

"I'd say roses, but I know which ones you'd like" she mumbled delicately, squeezing his hand as he nodded in agreement.