Jobs

"W-what did you just say?"

"Umm...I said 'Marry me' and it was suppose to be much more romantic then it came out as, but you were rushing me and I knew if you asked Sirius he'd spoil it and I just-"

"M-marry you?"

"Yes...marry me, please"

Remus remained on the floor, but lifted himself up onto one knee, pulling the leather box from his deep pocket and holding it up in the air for her to see. Her eyes grew wider instantly as he opened the lid of the box and revealed the small yet elegant ring perched against the cushioned velvet. His strong hands trembling slightly as he looked upon the awe struck girl.

"This is not happening" she murmured to herself, looking around the room as if she was being pranked

"Caitlin Kingsley/Black..." Remus started.

"This is not fucking happening" she repeated, her hand travelling up to her mouth as her eyes began to pool with happy tears. Her heart was bruising her ribcage and all she wanted to do was drop to her knees and kiss him. Yet her body remained frozen, looking between the ring to him, him to the ring, his words barely breaking threw the surface of her haze.

"I had a whole speech prepared, but now I'm actually doing this, the words have just left my head" he chuckled nervously, "Look...I can't promise you the world, because I don't have it, I can't exactly spoil you with riches or any of the things you actually deserve but I can love you...I find it the easiest thing in the world...it comes so naturally to me. Everything I am is because of you. You are the main source of any happiness I may possess. I am so in love with you Caitlin, and I want to Marry you...will you let me?"

She stood silently, tears falling down her cheeks as he waited anxiously for an answer. His heart beating in his ears and his chest heaving up and down.

"I-I know it's probably terrible timing, we are in the middle of a war...the entire world is practically crumbling around us, but that just makes me want this more. We are complicated, I recognise that, you're...well you, beautiful, funny, talented...you can disarm Mad-eye fucking Moody for god's sake, and I...um...well I'm just me" he shrugged, his anxiety quickly turning to sadness as he acknowledged the long period of silence she had taken. "If you aren't ready darling then-"

"Will I get to change my name to Caitlin Lupin?" She whispered, her heart hammering and her hands shaking against her sides.

"Um...I haven't really thought about it, I suppose if you don't want to-" he stuttered.

"Are you serious?!" She laughed, "Of course I'd want to"

"Is that a-?" He said expectantly, his eyebrows raised as he jolted the box in his hand forward slightly.

She shot forward, diving on him at full force, her arms wrapping around his neck as they fell to the ground laughing.

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes" she exclaimed, peppering kisses all over his face as they lay on the ground, laughs tumbling from their throats as they brushed off the impact of the fall.