Peaceful

{Warning-Drug usage}

"Pads! Pleaseeeeeee" Hope whined, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt as he rolled his eyes and sent both Caitlin and Remus an annoyed look.

"You shouldn't have shown it her in the first place if you didn't want her to ask!" Caitlin shrugged with a small chuckle, sat in between Remus' legs, her back pressed against his chest as he rested his arms on her chest along with the book her was reading whilst sat on the couch.

"I'm not in the mood, pup" Sirius sighed, attempting to walk out of the room and leave Hope stood in the living room all watery eyed and sad.

"Now look what you have done to my child, Padfoot" Remus teased, raising his hand and gesturing to the adorable toddler stood in the living room bottom lip trembling as she looked at her Uncle's back.

"Oh for gods sake fine!" He huffed.

"Yay!!" Hope jumped up and down clapping her hands together as Sirius morphed into his dog form and her parents laughed hysterically at the little emotional show she put on moments before.

Padfoot chased Hope around the room giddily as she laughed and screamed in joy, jumping onto her parents and hiding under her mother's risen legs with a small giggle.

"He'll never find you there" Caitlin whispered playfully, tickling her side as she nodded in very serious agreement as if she had just found the most genius hiding spot ever.

Caitlin's loving and amused smile dropped ever so slightly when she saw the small scar behind her child's ear from the last full moon.

"It's barely visible" Remus whispered gently into her hair, watching as she ran her forefinger against the hardened skin that should never be placed on any child ever, especially her own.

"I know" she sighed painfully, "I just hate it"

"So do I, love, if there was anything we could do you know we would" he kissed the back of her head and laced his fingers into hers, rubbing small circles against the back of her hand as their gaze both fell onto their child, watching the dog in the middle of the room, spin round in circles, pretending to not know where she was.

A big grin etched on her face at her own genius.

Crack.

"So I spoke to Kingsley..." Liv called from the door, shrugging her coat off and making her way to living room.

"And?" Remus asked expectantly.

"And nothing" She sighed, dropping onto the chair next to them and not even being phased when the big shaggy dog jumped onto her lap, instead just simply stroking his head as she spoke, "He hasn't got anything on the whereabouts of greyback and as for Mad-eye..."

"Let me guess, we can't have a proper funeral because it will alert the other side of our whereabouts, great" Caitlin scoffed, dropping her head against Remus' chest in a huff as he brushed a few strands out of her face from above her and kissed her forehead.

"Mummy...shhh" Hope whispered, bringing her finger to her lips, "Pads sleep"

Caitlin craned her head to the dog that was now fast asleep on his wife's lap, head against the top of her thighs as she stroked his fur soothingly and smiled to herself.

"He hasn't been sleeping much lately" Liv mumbled sadly, "Not since...well, everything"

"Believe me it's hard to get any sleep on our end either" Caitlin breathed in understanding, reaching down to Hope and bringing the beautiful toddler to her chest, her head falling down on her shoulder as she rocked her to sleep.