Just a few moments more

Sniffing up every ounce of sadness she possessed, she clung onto her husband like it was the last thing she'd ever do.

Both of them lying on the floor, a piece of herself dead along with him. Her heart, her mind, her soul.

He was her love, the love of her life and her soulmate.

She refused to believe that the only man who could make her feel whole was actually gone.

He couldn't be. Surely she was dreaming.

"C-caitlin" Liv whispered in a shaky and strained voice, crouching down at the side of her as she avoided looking at Remus' pale and deathly face, "Caitlin come on"

She clenched her eyes shut and shook her head, burying her face into his chest as she sobbed.

"N-no...no he's not dead" she whimpered, "He's not dead...he's just not okay?"

"Sweetheart you know that's not true" Kingsley sighed, crouching down next to Liv and stroking the top of Caitlin's head, "He's gone"

"NO!" She shouted, shooting her head up, "HE'S NOT GONE! HE'S NOT....HE'S NOT DE-"

He couldn't be dead.

Turning her head to look at him, her heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Your not dead" she whispered, dropping her head against him, "Your not dead... your not dead...your not dead"

She pelted his chest with her trembling fist as she shook her head rapidly.

"YOUR NOT DEAD!!!" She screamed agonisingly, followed by a tormented and loud sob, collapsing into Kingsley's side as she continued to shout and scream and yell for him.

"L-looks that way doesn't it" she thought she heard a voice, but in her agonisingly painful state she couldn't be sure.

The only reason she looked up from Kingsley's chest was because Liv dropped to her knees and burst into tears. Collapsing her head against Remus' stomach as Kingsley's body shook under her and Sirius let out the biggest cry of relief.

"Don't be a wimp" she heard her husband croak out, resting his hand against the blonde's head as he attempted to lift his own.

"Moony?" Sirius scuttled across the floor and to the other side of his friend as he helped him lift himself up, his eyes searching the room and landing on the brown ones that were wide and in complete and utter shock.

"What Kingsley?" He chuckled to his friend, "I'm gone five minutes and your already making a move on my wife?"

She thought she was hallucinating. That in her state, her mind snapped and she was seeing things.

She simply stared at Remus who was cocking his head to the side with watery eyes.

"I promised" he shrugged with a small smile causing her to let out a loud cry and jump on him with everything she had.

Both collapsing back down onto the floor as they cried.

He held her tight. Tighter then he ever had before, his arm wrapped around her back as the other sunk into her hair and he inhaled literally everything she was.

"Christ" he breathed against her in relief, eyes scrunched shut whilst burying his head into the crook of her neck.

"H-how...how are you here?" She sobbed, lifting her head up, cheeks stained in tears, hands gripping his face and watching as he searched his tired mind before his eyes snapped back to hers.

"Is Snape...is Snape dead?"

"Yes" she whispered with a trembling bottom lip, "But...but how would you-?"