Relax

Percy's POV

Punch.

"Try harder, Boy Wonder! I could do this in my sleep!"

Slam. Jab.

"Oh really? Then why don't you close your eyes right now and try to swing a punch at me?"

Percy rolled her eyes at her partner. She brings her fists up before her chest and gets ready to strike again. Dick smirked and brought his leg up to kick but Percy blocked it with one hand and sent the other towards his face. He flipped back to avoid it. Dick took a moment to breathe, then he charged again. He faked a left swing and dropped down to try and swipe Percy off her feet. Percy jumped and did a backward handspring.

"Nice one, Birdy."

"Not bad yourself, DiDi." He raised an eyebrow. Percy shrugged. "What? I need to give you a nickname too! And 'DiDi' sounds mighty fine to me." She said proudly with her sea-green eyes shining.

Dick merely shooked his head at her. He had a smile on the corner of his lips, so the nickname was final.

Ever since the whole 'Red incident' at the Cave, Percy had been trying her best to cheer her best friend up. Dick looked so angry and frustrated when he got home that day, she knew that he was blaming himself for everything again, even for her capture. She felt guilty, that wasn't his fault at all. But the way he hugged her so tightly that night, promising to never let her out of his sight ever again, warmed Percy up to the roots of her hair. She knew he cared for her just the way she cared for him. For the last two days, she had been trying her best to get Dick occupied so that he wouldn't think about going out to look for the Reds, at least not yet.

Dick wiped the sweat off of his forehead and grabbed a towel. He tossed one to Percy and she caught it with ease. "Thanks," She said.

Their daily training in the Batcave usually takes about 2-4 hours, sometimes longer depending on the amount of free time they had that day. Percy finds fighting relaxing more than anything else, probably because she's an ADHD kid and battling was simply part of her godly DNA.

From on top of the staircase, there came a cough for attention followed by the sound of our dear ninja butler- Alfred.

"Forgive me of my interruption, young master and miss," said the old butler in his formal tone.

Percy grinned up at him. "Hey, Alfred. What's up?"

"I believe it's high time the two of you come up for lunch. It would be ready in an hour and in the meantime I suggest you both go and take a shower."

"Will do, Alfred." Replied Dick and the old-English man disappeared out of sight.

"What a day..." Percy sighed and stretched her arms. Dick grinned at her as they made their way up the stairs and back into the manor. "See you in a bit." She said to him before disappearing into her own room.

Her room was the same size as Dick's, with green and blue decorations all around. The blueish-green walls were covered with seashell paintings and wave patterns. The lights on the walls and ceilings were all either starfish-shaped or seashell-shaped. In the direct view from the door was a large window with white frames around it. In Percy's opinion, her view in the manor was by far the best, it overlooks the open ocean, in the back of the manor, giving Percy the feeling of her father's domain whenever she looked towards it. Beside the window was a four-post-queen-sized bed with white curtains, different types of seashells hanging dangling from the top. The seashells were all picked by Percy whenever she visited the beaches, to her, they were her most prized souvenir.

She took a deep breath and threw down her towel on the table by the door and went into the bathroom. Hot baths are one of the most relaxing things in life, it calms the soul and the mind and leaves you with nothing but peace, at least to Percy that's the case. Water always revives her, it was her father's domain after all. And you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.