Endgame

Perfect song to end this season!

Dick's POV

As soon as the evidence of the Reach's crime has been presented to and inspected by Captain Atom, Megan and Connor were sent out to Rimbor to present the new evidence to the High Court.

Hopefully, they will not be too late.

Percy and Dick were there to see them off. As the Bioship left the Warehouse docks and vanished off into the distance, Dick couldn't help but felt a sense of uneasiness, which confused him. They had won, the Reach is leaving, the Light has been shattered, and the new evidence is on its way to clear their mentors. So why is he still feeling uneasy?

"You're feeling it too, aren't you?" Percy questioned softly, still staring up at the sky.

Dick didn't need to ask to know what she was asking about. "Yeah...But maybe we're just still processing the victory that had occurred last night."

"...I hope you're right..." the girl sighed, looking down. "Kaldur, Blue, and Green Beetle had gone off to take down Black Beetle and the Reach's main ship. Once they did that then everything will truly be over."

"I see Kaldur's settling back in okay," Dick said with a small smile, "Already set out on a mission."

Percy sat down on the edge of the docks, her feet swinging freely over the edge. "So when will you tell him we're leaving the Team?"

Dick sat down with her. "I'm not sure," he answered truthfully. "Maybe after he got back?... But Love, are you sure you want to leave the Team, the Team we started, permanently?"

The girl chewed her lower lip. "I don't know...but if you decide to leave the Team permanently then I will gladly follow behind. We are partners after all."

Dick smiled at her. Yeah, partners...They had been a duo since the two began training together in the Batcave. Now that he had tasted what life was like without his partner, he was determined not to go back to it again. Percy's stuck with him, whether she likes it or not.

Percy stifled a yawn. "Oh gods, after fighting all night I sure am tired, and that cup of hot chocolate definitely did not help."

"May I remind you, Princess, that if you didn't insist that we see Miss M and Superboy off, we'd be catching up on some much-needed zzzs right now?" He got a punch on the arm for that.

"They are our friends!" She insisted. "It's the least we could do. And now that they are off-" She paused and stood up, expression suddenly worried as she stared off into the distance.

"Perse?" he asked worriedly, standing up as well. "What's wrong?"

"I sense a disturbance in the water," Percy answered. "It may be nothing but..." This time Dick could feel it too as the ground beneath them began to shake, the clear skies above their heads began to cloud over and lightning flashed. The calm waters that were just peacefully rising and falling began to grow angrier. "...yeah, no, this is definitely something."

The two raced back into the Warehouse just as Dick's wristwatch beeped. He didn't waste any time pulling up the incoming call, and Captain Atom's troubled face appeared.

"Good, Tidal-Wing is with you," he noted. "Nightwing, we need you up here, Aqualad and Blue Beetle are on their way. They have news to share."

"Right, copy," Dick responded.

"And Tidal-Wing, Dr. Fate as requested for your help. Though it was unclear what had caused the sudden change in atmosphere, the sea is once again in turbulence. You are the only one who could tame it, so get out there."