Gala Headache

Percy's POV

"Come in, it's unlocked," Percy called out from where she lay on her bed, knowing fully well that it's Dick at her door. Sure enough, the raven-hair boy pocked his head in with a wide grin on his face.

"Hey, Birdy! Whatcha doing?"

"Thinking about my life, cause I'm super bored." The spot next to her dipped and Dick's shocking blue eyes appeared in her vision.

"Wanna watch a movie with me? We could always make fun of the movie Hercules."

So they did. After laughing their heads off for an hour or so, they finally came to their senses and started having random conversations. The two were in the middle of a heated discussion about their newly formed Team when Bruce walked into the movie room.

"Children?" He cleared his throat, getting their attention.

"Hey, Dad, what's up?" Percy asked.

"Well, since summer is almost over that means you two are starting school soon, " Percy groaned and Dick laughed at her misfortune. She punched him in return. Bruce sighed and continued. "And since you are starting school soon that means the Wayne Foundation is hosting a gala two days later to welcome a new year and so on. So I need the two of you to be on your best behavior and dressed up properly, no pulling pranks on ANYONE. I rather you do that afterward..." He mumbled the last part mostly to himself. "Are we clear?" He glared at them.

"Fine, dad." Percy groaned, already dreading the idea of the gala. She was not the dress-type girl, she would never be.

"Good. I'm off to work. Be good, kids!"

"Bye Dad/Bruce!"

Percy groaned out loud and slid down from the couch. Worst day ever.

"Not feeling the aster?"

"Shut up..." Dick's smile widened.
"Come on Birdy, it's not that bad," Percy answered him with a raised eyebrow.

"Speak for yourself, you are not the one in heels. Those things hurt more than that scorpion poi-" Her eyes widened and she quickly covered her mouth.

"WHAT? Scorpion Poison? When did that happen?!" Percy silently cursed herself for being a seaweed brain. Dick grabbed her shoulder and made her staring into his shocking blue eyes.

"When did it happened? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Dick, it's nothing. It happened at Camp, I was training when scorpion jumped up and bite me. It was nothing, I promise." It was nothing compared to all the numerous near-death experiences in the last two years of her demigod life. She didn't tell him the entire truth, no way in Hades would she told him the truth.

Dick's blue eyes were filled with pain. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't want to worry you...besides it was just a small wound." He didn't look convinced. "Come on Dick, we still had to prepare for the gala. Let's go to the mall!" Percy dragged Dick to his feet and pulled him towards the door. She was desperate to get off this topic.

"Master Richard, Miss Persephone, we are here. Shall I wait for you to get back?" Alfred asked as he opened the door of the limo.

"No need, Alfred. We'll call you when we are done, Thanks."

"We should get your suit first." Dick's shoulder sagged and he pouted at Percy.

"Why? That will take too long!"

"Keep complaining, Grayson, I wish I was in suit!"

They arrived at the store and was immediately greeted by two ladies with heavy makeup.

"Hello, children, what can I do for you today?" Lady 1 asked. Percy tried not to gag as the lady's heavy perfume almost suffocate her.

"Um, we are looking for a suit for him, our gala is in two days." Dick put on a convincing smile and stepped forward. Lady 2 studied him from top to bottom.

"Hm, very well, follow me, please. This way." Dick looked back at Percy, silently asking her to follow, he didn't look like he wanted to be alone with that lady. Percy tried to follow but Lady 1 stopped her.

"Oh no young lady, you are coming with me, you need a dress too." Percy groaned inwardly. She gave Dick a look that said Save-yourself-I-have-to-deal-with-hell-right-now and was practically being dragged away by the lady.

The dress fitting was torture. How many dresses had she tried on already? She lost count.

"Alright, come on out, Miss Wayne." Percy stepped out from the changing room with a greek style dress that is white at the top and fades into sea-green. Lady 1 squealed like a high school girl at the sight of her.

"This is perfect! Take a look at yourself, Miss Wayne." Percy turned to the full body mirror right beside the changing room. She gasped, the dress WAS perfect, it matched her eyes wonderfully, bringing out the moving waves in the sea-green. A thin golden belt was fastened at her waist and she wore a golden cuff on her right arm. Percy hated to admit it, but she looked amazing in this dress.

"Wow." A voice said from behind her. Dick had finished fitting and was staring at her in an open mouth. "You look amazing, Perse!"

"Not bad yourself, Dickie." Dick blushed. He was wearing a typical black suit, the only difference that separates his from all the other suits is that his shirt was also black, making him look more mature than ever, but his height...never mind.

"Are you happy with the choice?" Asked Lady 2.

"Yes, thank you ladies."

The day of Doom

Dick's POV

"You ready?" Percy asked, poking her head into his room.

"Yeah, I just need to fix my tie." Dick answered, trying and failing to tie up the piece of fabric around his neck. How did Bruce do this everyday?

"Here, let me." Percy took the black piece of torture and tied it neatly around his neck. The close contact made his heart spread up. He wished that this moment could last forever with her tying his tie and him staring down at her. But at last the moment had to end. "There, all better." She said proudly.

"Thanks, you women sure have a thing with dresses. I can never figure how this thing works." Percy slaps him gently on the arm.

"That's because you men don't learn." He laughed and offered an arm to her.

"Are you ready, my lady?" He asked her mockingly.

"Why yes, my lord.

Let's end this nightmare..."

The format of this chapter might be a little different from my usual style of format, that's because I finished this chapter on my phone. It. Was. Torture!

Welp, see you all in the next chapter!

Stay safe everyone!

I purple you💜