Disordered

Finals are next week, wish me luck. Sorry about the late update, things have been...messy. The song above has now become one of my favorites now, listen to it! And lastly, to all my high schoolers, middle schoolers, and elementary schoolers (if any), or even college people, I wish you luck in the finals! Good luck, Fighting! Enjoy this short chapter~

Percy's POV

They didn't have missions or training the next day. The cave was quiet with an eerie feeling looming over the entire Team. No one was in the mood to chat or fool around, who would? They had just gotten a taste of death in battle, or a lot of it to tell the truth. The Team was shaken up, but they refused to talk about it. Percy was no better than the rest of her friends, but somehow in the depth of her heart, she felt calm, even expecting it to happen. It wasn't because she knew from the start that this training practice, no. She's calm facing death, and it scared her.

Percy really wishes that she could stay and hear what Black Canary has to say to her, but she can't. Grover had called for her, Annabeth, and Thalia's help, he had confirmed new half-bloods with a monster on their tail.

"I suppose I can't talk you into staying for at least a few more hours?" A quiet voice asked from behind. Percy turned and smiled sadly at her best friend who was leaning against her doorway.

"I'm sorry, DiDi. But the Camp has called for an emergency situation, they need my help and I have no idea how long I will be gone this time." Dick sighed, he walked into her room and stopped beside her, his face grim and unreadable. Percy studied him, Dick was never a quiet kid, always up and about with a million thoughts running through his genius brain, but now he looked...well, almost dead and without a soul. She touched his arm gently.

"Dick? Are you okay?" He nodded. Percy frowned and leaned forward and circled her arms around him, comforting the boy.

"I'm fine, Perce. Don't worry." Dick hugged back, his head resting on top of her's. Percy didn't argue back, the boy had way too much on his mind right now, it's best to let him calm down on his own. She pulled away and gave him an encouraging smile.

"Walk me down to the Zeta-tube?" She asked, shouldering her navy blue backpack.

"No need to ask."

The walk down to the Bat-Cave was quiet, unlike the last time she left for a quest. Dick was basically whining and nagging the entire way down, begging for her to stay. The silence was not awkward, it was comforting, it always is with him by her side.

"I suppose you can't tell me what you are doing this time? What mission are you about to take on?" Dick asked. Percy gave his hand a light squeeze.

"I'm sorry, DiDi. It's top-secret, you know, with gods and their ego and the safety of the mortals." Half the time even Percy doesn't know what she's about to take on. Dick nodded. He pulled her forward gently and hugged her tight.

"Stay safe, don't die, and come back to me in one piece." He said and kissed her forehead. Percy felt heat rising up to her cheeks but forced herself to stay calm.

"I know, you always say that to me when I head out for a mission by myself. And I promise, don't worry."

Percy stepped away from him and typed in the coordination she has to go and stepped into the light.

"Recognized, Tidal-Wing B02."

Dick's POV

When the lights disappeared and Percy has gone from the spot, Dick felt his heart sink to the bottom of the floor. The Cave seems colder without Percy's presence, he never liked having her going on missions all by herself without his help, not because he's jealous, but because he's worried.