Independence Day Pt 2

While Aqualad is distracted with KF's impulsiveness, Robin and Tidal slipped off and fired their grappling hook and swings towards the building. Robin let out his famous creepy laugh.

They jumped off when they reached the window. Percy helped Kid Flash, who was stuck dangling off the side of the window while Robin set off to do his hacker job.

"Appreciate the help," Aqualad said sarcastically when he joined them.

"You handled it," Robin said, not taking his eyes off of his wrist computer. 

"Besides, we're here to investigate." Percy finished. She too had her writ computer out and was studying the structure of the building.

Aqualad wandered around when something caught his eyes.

"There was something in the-" He blinked, not entirely sure what he sawed.

"Elevators should be locked down." Kid Flash said, walking up to join the Atlantean.

Percy checked her wrist computer, "This is wrong," She showed the holo-screen to Robin who frowned.

"This is a high-speed express elevator. It doesn't belong in a two-story building."

"Neither does what I saw," Kaldur said, and pried opened the doors. Percy peered over the edge and see that it was bottomless. Now that's a hard drop. She took out her grappling hook and fired it at the ceiling. And then she jumped, the others following her.

She focused her gaze at the level numbers. SL22, SL23, SL24, and SL25. Her speed slowed and came to a stop.

"Er, guys? That's the deepest we can go, I'm at the end of my rope here." She shouted to the others above. She swings and jumped unto the tiny ledge and began hacking away on her wrist computer. "Bypassing security...there go!" Aqualad forced open the doors and stepped in.

"Welcome to Project Cadmus," Tidal mumbled. Robin appeared next to her and gave her a bright smile.

"Nice hacking back there, Perse." He whispered. Percy felt her face heated up and was glad that her mask had covered up most of her face. She wanted to say something but was interrupted by Aqualad.

"Kid, wait!" The speedster didn't listen and he was soon in trouble. Huge creatures walking on all fours appeared in the hallway. One was about to step on the now fallen speedster but Tidal put on a burst of speed and pushed KF out of harm's way.

"Thanks, Tidal."

"No prob."

"This is how they hide this massive underground facility from the world," KF said, staring in awe at the towers after towers of creatures in glass, giving off electricity to power the massive underground facility. "The real Cadmus isn't on the grid. It generates its own power with these... things."

"Even the name itself is a clue." Aqualad agreed. " The Cadmus of myth-"

"-Creates a new race by sowing dragon's teeth into the earth," Percy said. Aqualad turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "What? I know my fair share of the stories of the old."

Robin pulled up a file on his holo-screen. "They are called Genomorphs."

"Wow! Look at the stats on these things- super-strength, telepathy, razor claws. These are living weapons."

"And there is another thing too. Called Project Kr." Robin began typing furiously on his keyboard. "Ugh! The files' triple-encrypted. Tidal, can you-"

"Don't move!" A voice said behind them, they turned to see Guardian. 

"Wait, Robin, Tidal-Wing, Aqualad, Kid Flash?" The golden armor hero was confused.