A Day at the Beach

Percy's POV

Percy bounced up and down in front of the Zeta Tube. She was currently in the bat-cave with her swimsuit and her shades on.

"Ready to go?" Dick asked, smirking at her. He was wearing swim trunks and, like Percy, he also had on his shades. Being a bat means that identity reveal is a big no-no.

"Born that way!" Percy exclaimed. "How can you not love the beach?!"

Dick laughed. "Well then, let's get it!"

'Recognize, Robin B01, Tidal-Wing B02'

Percy opened her eyes, she and Dick had arrived at the Cave, which means-

"Let's hit the beach, people!" She yelled and rushed outside.

Being a demigod daughter of Poseidon, the Lord of the Seas means that the ocean is basically a part of Percy, a part she cannot live without. You can take the girl out of the ocean, but you can never take the ocean out of the girl. Percy welcomes the warm sunshine with open arms, she closes her eyes enjoying the peaceful moment.

Percy's life was never peaceful, she has three identities she had to balance out on a regular daily basis. Her demigod life alone has already taken away 60% of her energy and patience. The other 40% is used to cope with her daily life as Persephone Jackson, the adopted-daughter of Bruce Wayne and the Crown Pearl of Gotham. As for her vigilante persona, well, Percy likes to think of it as her get-away, a time when she could be carefree and kick ass like there is no tomorrow. Oh, how she wishes she wasn't a demigod but just a normal mortal girl with a caring family and a very best friend who gets you. But enough sadness now, this is a time of fun.

"Hello Megan, we should hit the beach every day." Miss M cried as soon as she stepped out of the Cave. Percy laughed.

"I agree, Megan! You can never get enough beach!"

"First," Dick said from beside Percy. His head dipped in a bow. "A moment of silence for our...absent comrade." His voice was playful, a smirk can be seen on his handsome face.

Percy followed the act, "Poor Wally." She sighed dramatically and looked up at the sky and pounded her fist over her heart. "Your sacrifice will be forever remembered, you will always hold a special place in our hearts." She dropped her head back down and a wide grin appeared on her face. "But fear not, comrade of mine, for we shall remember you today by having a blast at the beach!"

With that, the team let loose.

Megan dragged Superboy with her and immediately started building sandcastles. Aqualad enjoyed his time in the waves and dived in and out of the water, occasionally coming up to the surface with a hand full of beautiful seashells. Percy smiled wickedly and snuck up on Dick.

"You're IT," She laughed, pushing Dick forward, making him land face-first into the water.

Dick spite the water out of his mouth and playfully glared at her. "Oh, now you have done it, Birdy..." The Princess of Gotham shrieked in laughter as the Boy Wonder raced after her and tried to push the girl into the water, just like what she had done to him.

Little by little, they wandered off into the water, none noticed it, until-

"Gotcha!" Robin cried triumphantly as he grabbed Percy and locked her within his arms. Percy laughed but quickly stopped when she noticed just how close they are. I mean, sure, they had hugged before, loads of times. But never had their faces been literally an inch apart. Percy immediately blushed scarlet and quickly got out from the embrace.

"L-let's get back to the others, w-we're pretty far out." Lame lie, but Percy was desperate to get out of this awkward situation. She quickly walked back to the shore. Now, she loves Dick with her whole heart, but Percy wasn't sure if he did feel the same for her, and she was not about to get scared by love. Percy would rather let this secret crush went to the grave with her then share it out or tell Dick. Nope, not gonna happen, not in a million years.