Eminent Threat

Percy's POV

"You sure you're recovered?" Artemis asked.

Jeff rubbed the side of his head and sighed. "Enough...Connor needs us."

"Lightning powers?" Percy asked. A few blue sparks flew from Jeff's palm but nothing else.

He sighed. "Still hoping that we are not gonna need that."

"Yeah, but it's always more comforting to go into battle knowing that we've got two powerhouses on our side." Artemis reasoned. "You know, with you and Tidal both having powers..."

"Even after two-plus years, I still can't believe you have powers, let alone a demigod..." Jeff said to Percy, who shrugged at the comment.

"Believe me, my life is weirder than you imagine," she answered.

"Alright," Artemis sighed, glancing up at the castle in the distance then back down at the hijab girl by the Supercycle, who was looking at Artemis curiously. "We are going up into that ominous, dark hole in the cliff to rescue our super-friend." She sounded out her words slowly and carefully, pointing out the sewer exit on the side of the cliff to the girl. "Honestly, Tidal, you should be doing this..."

"I can't speak Markovian, I've told you already!"

Artemis sighed. "You are going to stay here with our Super-Cycle. Understand?" The girl nodded hesitantly. Artemis patted the Super-Cycle. "Just keep her out of trouble, okay?" The Super-Cycle hummed.

"Thanks. Let's move..."

...

Dick's POV

Obviously, Dick can't just stroll into the Markovian Children's Hospital just like that...wrong! He can!

Dick took off his blazer and left it in the car, and with hands in his pockets he strolled into the facility, careful to keep an eye on his surroundings. There was almost no one around in the lobby, so Dick just walked right to the back, casually grabbed one of the white coats hanging by the wall, and sneaked his way into the morgue. When no one is in sight anymore, Dick changed out of his clothes and put on his suit, and placed his escrima sticks onto his back. He traced the steps of Prince Brion and Dr. Ecks and quickly found the entrance to the secret chamber. A few hacking tricks later he opened the secret door.

Dick's contacts glowed and Oracle's icon flashed, sending him a message: 'Beyond doors, you'll have contact w/ L, T&T. But I'll lose signal when doors close. Be careful.'

"Always," Dick responded. Suddenly a blue mechanic bug popped up in his visions and frightened him, making him back up suddenly and bumping his head against the wall. "Ow!" He complained.

A laughing emoji popped up in his view, signaling the shameless mocking of the sender of this message. 'More careful than that.'

Dick rubbed at the back of his head. "You are supposed to be on my side?" he hushedly questioned.

Right at that moment, the door behind him closed, and the Oracle's signal was lost. Dick cursed silently, like Percy, chance seemed to favor Barbra as well, cutting off the signal just at the right moment so she would escape his wrath. Dick straightened and sighed, after this mission, he was going to ban Percy from meeting Barbra again. These two do not have good influences on each other.

Dick pressed his comm. "I'm in. Status?"

"We're two minutes out," responded Tigress.

"SB?" Dick questioned. No answer, great. He groaned, pointing a finger at the mechanic bug, commanded: "Follow," and walked onward.