Truths to be Told

Hello, my dear readers! So sorry I was not updating the last few weeks, as I was busy with my school affairs. You all know this was the prom season, and for my school, it was the Junior/Senior Banquet season. As hosts, the Junior class is tasked with coming up with a theme and decorating the school auditorium, we are also tasked with putting up a  play for the Seniors. Now I don't know about you all out there, but I was thrilled for these kinds of things, I was all in! I signed up for the busiest committee (the Art committee) and handled the most difficult work (like putting up the right decorations and painting the set pieces...). I even sigh up and auditioned for the play and got in! The practicing schedule was TIGHT! We had two weeks to practice and perfect the play under a super strict director, practicing every day until 9 at night (including Saturdays). I was not super feeling the tiredness off all that until the week after the Banquet was done and BOY was I tired out.

It took up every spare moment (plus willpower) that I have to finish this short chapter. Hope this is worth it and you guys like it. Now read on!

Dick's POV

It was near midnight when he finally got home. It took longer than he had expected, comparing notes and discussing them with Black Canary and Captain Atom. It took even more time trying to settle the Team into their new temporary base of operation, which was located at the coast of Bludhaven, inside a warehouse Dick had bought. If he had known that it would take so long for him to finally get back to the apartment, he would have never let Percy go early. He wasn't comfortable with having her leave his side for even just a short period of time.

He had convinced the Team and some members of the League to leave the 'mysterious girl' alone for just a little while longer, promising them that he will formally introduce her to them as soon as he gets things sorted out. Dick had questions that he wanted the girl to answer first in private.

"Recognized, Nightwing B01"

Dick breathed out a heavy sigh as he emerged from the Zeta tube, the situation that the League's in right now is entirely a disaster, heavy, very heavy, on the dis. And on top of that, there's the crisis that involves the Reach and their Meta-genes, which also involves one of his teammates - Blue Beetle. But right now is not the time to think about that. Dick changed out of his heavy suit and put away his utility belt and weapons. He changed into a set of comfy clothes and went upstairs.

"Percy?" he called out, finding the room in pure darkness and not seeing the girl at first glance.

"I'm here," a voice called out from the place by the window. Dick let his eyes adjust a little before he found the girl sitting on the couch next to the glass window, looking out at the night sky. She had changed out of her black hoodie, which was tattered and covered in glass shards, and changed into the t-shirt Dick had given her the night before. The daughter of Poseidon's expression was sad and filled with melancholy.

"Hey, Princess," The former Boy Wonder said softly, sitting down beside the girl. "What are you looking at?"

"The stars," she answered simply. Dick followed the girl's gaze out the window, Bludhaven rarely gets stary nights, with the city so filled with filth and polluted, clear skies were a luxury to have. But tonight, the heavens are clear and full of stars, and shining right above their location was a beautiful constellation of a girl with a bow and arrow that was just discovered in recent years.

"Ah, the Huntress constellation," Dick said smiling. "The most recently discovered, it's beautiful."

"I had the privilege of fighting alongside her before her untimely death," Percy murmured. "She was a brave warrior..."

"What?" Dick questioned, looking at the demigoddess with confusion. "You...knew her?"

She nodded. "Her name was Zoe Nightshade, daughter of Atlas, former lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis. We went on a quest together, and she died in the hands of her father."