Intermission

I realized now that since season 2 started, Percy and Dick never had a day where they could just enjoy each other's company. So this chapter was written to take us off their intense mission and instead enjoy a simple day off (hence the title "Intermission").

Dick's POV

"Quick, tell me which pocket has the long-range explosive disk and how many are there in it!"

"Uh, right third and twenty-three." Dick nodded approvingly, then as fast as before, he asked the next question while tossing one of his own non-explosive disks at Percy.

"Which back pocket had the instant ice bombs? And how many do you throw each time?" Percy ducked out of the way of Dick's disks and got back up on her feet again.

"Center back," She answered quickly. "How many you throw depends on the size of the area you want to freeze."

"Very good." Dick reaches for the escrima sticks strapped to his thigh and moves to close-range combat.

Percy's eyes widened when she saw him coming at her. "Hey, you didn't say-"

"What is the most important rule when using a utility belt?" the boy asked while his body moved with each strike. "And you can't use any weapons or gadgets in this training."

"What? Then why do you get to use-"

"Answer the question, Love!"

"Okay, okay, chill! The most important rule is to limit uses and keep count so you don't run out in mid-fight."

"What's the second most important rule?"

"There is no second important rule, it's just a repeat of the first rule!"

"Good, now what is the utility belt made of?" Percy froze at the question.

"What?!" Dick used this opportunity to swipe his leg under the girl and make her fall flat on her back.

"Owwww..."

He knelt next to her and put his arm next to her head, trapping her between the BatCave floor and himself. "What's the answer, Princess?" He asked, amused.

"I-I don't know! Bruce never told us about this! This wasn't even on the list of things we had to memorize!"

"You're right, it's not," Dick admitted. "I threw out the question just to throw you off. But good job answering all others though."

Percy looked offended. "Why would you do such a thing to me? I'm pretty sure I was winning the close-combat fight until you decided to hit me with...that!"

"Exactly because you were winning at it,"

"Richard John Grayson, how dare you-" Dick cut her off with a kiss.

"Love you," He said quickly, pulling her up from the floor. "Seems that you are all ready to use the belt again."

"You know sweet talk is not gonna get you anywhere, right?"

"Oh, but it's getting me out of your wrath just fine, Love." He checked his watch. "It's nearly noon now, how about we end the training here for today?"

Percy took up a towel and dabbed her face. "Sounds good to me, I'm pretty sure Alfred already has a meal cooking for us."

Up at the dining room, Alfred had already set up for lunch. Tim was sitting in his usual seat, a holo-screen set out in front of him, and he was scrolling through the files mindlessly. "Took you guys long enough," he said, waving away the screen.

"No coffee today, Timmy?" Dick gasped in mock surprise as he sat down by Percy. "What happened to you poor boy?"

The boy in question rolled his eyes at him. "Alfred banned me from drinking it, wouldn't even let me finish the one I had."