Summit

We are near the finish line guys! One more chapter to go and the season would be completed! I'm not yet sure if I wanted to include in season 3, I'll have to rewatch the season and work my next year's schedule around to decide. But for now, enjoy!

Dick's POV

"The Reach and the Light are planning a summit," Dick informed his teammates gravely. "It's going to take place at Santa Prisca at exactly midnight, we have only three days to come up with a plan to interrupt it and get the intel we need. The League's innocence depends on it..."

The Team's faces were all grim, the news is heavy, and the burden of success is even more. But amongst the worry, Dick saw something more: confusion and suspicion.

"How did you know all of this?" Cassie asked slowly. "Where did the intel come from?"

Percy turned to Dick and the two exchanged a look. It's time, the Team has to know the truth, Dick had to fulfill his promise. He took a deep breath, "Aqualad brought me the news...as did Artemis..."

"What?" questioned Mal in disbelief.

"But she is dead! Kaldur killed her!" BumbleBee cried.

"No, he did not," Dick said heavily. "We faked Artemis's death so she and Kaldur can infiltrate the Light and get the intel from deep within. Kaldur never betrayed us, after Tula's death he found out that his birth father is none other than Manta himself and decided to use that information to our advantage. So he pretended to switch sides, but still, the enemy does not trust him...until he 'killed' Artemis. Now he is fully in the Light, helping us dissect it from inside."

"But why did you hide this from all of us?" demanded Beast Boy.

Nightwing was silent for a good moment. "Because we need the reaction to be real, and risking too many people knowing at the same time could cost us dearly..."

"How will knowing cost us anything?!"

Jaime raised his hand. "I actually agree with Nightwing...I mean, I was being controlled by the Reach for a good period of time, if they had known about the 'betray' through me, through all of us, then I don't know what would have happened..."

That got everyone thinking. True, now that they know what the Reach and their scarabs are capable of, maybe it was a wise decision for the Team Leader to keep the secret all to himself...

"So why tell us this right now?" Connor asked, he had been silent through the entire thing, standing in the corner of the Warehouse with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"Because this is the endgame," Dick answered. "Kaldur had told me his plan: he and Artemis planned to expose themselves to the Light, to reveal all secrets to both parties and turn them against each other. And they will join us in taking them all down."

"Is it finally over then?" Megan asked hopefully.

Dick smiled a little, Percy reached out and took his hand in hers. They are finally at the homestretch, soon this burden will finally be lifted from his shoulders. "We're almost there," He answered. "One last fight..."

"So what is the plan, Team Leader?" Robin asked with a small smile. He and Batgirl seemed to be the only ones not affected by the news they had just heard (excluding Connor, Megan, and Lagaan, who had already known of the truths). Dick wasn't entirely surprised by this, as they had all been trained by Batman, they know as well as he does that precautions had to be made, even towards close friends.

He returned Tim's smile, looking around the room, he saw the readied faces of all his teammates for what is to come next. "Team, here are your assignments..."