War pt.2

You and I, the best moment is yet to come~

Percy's POV

"Attention War World, this is Captain Atom of the Justice League, representing the planet Earth. We wish to open negotiation." Captain Atom's voice rings out in the WatchTower as he faces the holo-screen with determination.

Nothing happened for a second, then an unfamiliar horrific tone filled the room. "But I'm uninterested in negotiation." Percy guesses this is the voice of War World's dictator - Mongul. "The Earth under the Reach's thumb is too dangerous for my long-term plans. It must be destroyed. And frankly, if you understood what you were in for with the Reach, you'd thank me for putting you out of your collective misery. Now..."

Warning signals sounded in the room as a new screen popped up, showing the War World's shifting surface as it launched its attacks toward Earth.

"Uh, guys?" Percy called out nervously.

"Don't worry, we are prepared," Dick reassured her. Just then a portal opened up on screen and two figures emerged - Doctor Fate and Rocket. The two worked together, Doctor Fate conjured up a massive shield behind him, shielding the Earth from War World's attacks, while Rocket's job was to protect Fate with her force field so the magician doesn't get hit.

"Captain," Nightwing called. "the others are ready, just waiting on you now."

The leaguer straightened. "Then I should go. You know what to do?" he directed the question to Dick, who nodded.

Percy looked between them, puzzled at the situation. "What the f-"

"Ah! Usage of words. You don't want Agent A on your tail."

"I was going to say fudge, relax. Now, what is going on?" Percy demanded. Dick turned to her with a sly smile.

"Infiltrating mission," He answered, pointing to the giant outside. "On War World."

"Who's going?" Percy asked. "You?"

"The Team. While the League keeps Mongul busy, the Team's job is to infiltrate the War World and disable it from the inside." Dick told her.

"Are you going?"

Dick shook his head. "I have to stay here and direct, but I'll be joining them halfway through."

"Can I go with the Team?" Percy asked, almost immediately Dick snapped his gaze to her.

"No!" He blurted out instantly. The girl pouted.

"Why not?"

"Love, you just got back from a mission which I know, based on the looks on your face, that you are tired out," Nightwing said. "You are not going on that mission."

"Boy Wonder, this is a mission in outer space we're talking about here! Well, technically the WatchTower is in outer space but this doesn't count. But the War World? You have to let me go!" She gave him her best baby seal eyes and Dick sighed.

"I'm not gonna win this argument, am I?" He muttered. "Fine! you can go, I'll tell Superboy that you're joining his Alpha Squad for the mission, sounds good?"

Percy's eyes lit up. "Yes!" She exclaimed, giving Dick a tight hug. "Thank you!" Dick hugged her back and place a light peck on the side of her head.

"Stay safe out there, and you might wanna leave right away, they are almost at go-time." He said. "Remember our promise."

"I will," She answered, with a final kiss on the lips, Tidal-Wing left through the Zeta-tubes.

Dick's POV