Rescue Op

Allow me to just say, my bias Jin really shines in this song! I'm so proud! And I miss him so much!

_________

Percy's POV

Percy stifled a yawn as the professor droned on with the lecture. It's late in the afternoon and everyone in class seemed to be having the jitters. The daughter of Poseidon tapped her pen against her doodled-filled notebook, staring mindlessly out the window at the setting sun, and heaved aside a breath. Thank the gods, this would all be over soon, one more year to go...

"Miss Jackson, are you still with us?" The sudden call out jolted Percy back from daydream land.

"Uh, yes! Yes, I am!" She said acting natural.

The professor raised an eyebrow as the rest of the class turn to watch on with interest. "Then would you mind repeating what I just said?" questioned the elderly man, crossing his arms.

Percy shifted in her seat. "Uh, um...you said..." She glanced around nervously, anything that could offer her some kind of clue. Oh gods, this is embarrassing! Someone, anyone, get her out of this!

Her prayers must have worked somehow because just before she was about to give up and confess that she had no idea what her professor was talking about, the bell rang. Oh what a melodic sound that is! Percy sprang up from her seat as the rest of the class began packing up their stuff. "Sorry, professor, I would love to stay and chat but oh look at the time, see you, bye!" And ran for the door with her backpack slung across her shoulder.

Checking the time, Percy didn't pause to change in her dorm but instead charge straight for the borders of New Rome. Along the road, she saw several of her Camp Jupiter friends hanging about the cafe, she didn't have time to stop and chat. After a while, she finally saw a white marble statue up ahead. 

"Persephone Jackson! Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Demanded the statue of Terminus, the protector of the borders of New Rome, turning his stone upper body around and shouting loudly as the daughter of Poseidon is still a long way off. "And don't you know going out near the curfew is against the rules?!"

"Hi, Terminus! Bye Terminus!" Shouted Percy, a little out of breath as she ran none stop past the statue god. "Sorry, can't stay to talk!"

"Get back here, Percy Jackson!" The statue shouted from behind. "Just because we smashed a giant's head together doesn't mean I'm going to let you off easy every time you break a rule!"

Percy ignored the shouts from behind as she approach the sea line. Ever since the war with Gaia, the Roman demigods have put a lot more effort into building better ships for the Legion. Though honestly, Percy still thinks that five more sad-looking fish boats are not so great of an improvement for the Legions. She didn't hesitate to run across the wooden dock, past the five sad boats, and dove straight into the water.

The coolness of the water felt nice on her skin, Percy willed herself to stay dry and let the water do its work, pushing her straight out into the open sea and heading in the direction of Bludhaven.

She was about five minutes into the journey when her phone rang. "Hello?" She asked, still traveling at 60 mph in the sea.

"...Why does your voice sound so strange?" Dick questioned.

Percy willed herself to stop. "It does?" She thought her voice sounded pretty clear in the water.

"Yeah, it's...actually, never mind," Dick changed his mind. "Are you done with your class? I hope you didn't forget that we have a dinner planned at the manor with the rest of the family."