Royal We

I am thankful that FINALLY, I get the chance to finish this chapter. Everyone else's senior were spent in joy and peace and calm schedule...and then theres me, barely surviving day by day... Well, I hope you all enjoy this long awaited chapter.

Percy's POV

"Listen up, Bedlam is one of the most notorious meta-human trafficking syndicates on the planet. We now have intel that Bedlam's main base of operation is in Markovia. Artemis, Percy, and I will fly commercially from Vlatava to Markovia under false passports. I suspect that whoever's behind Bedlam was most likely behind the assassination of the King and Queen, who had made it their mission to end meta-trafficking in Markovia. Bedlam may even be connected to the Royal Family, which would explain how the assassins managed to get past heavy security, and into the palace. So while Connor and Jeff fly the Super Cycle under the radar and over the border with all of our gear, Artemis, Percy, and I will scope out the major players using hacked invitations to Prince Gregor's pre-coronation reception."

Percy smoothed out her beautiful midnight gown absentmindedly as Dick's words replayed in her mind. Dick sat next to her on the driver's seat, taking her and Artemis up to the Royal Palace of Markovia. The royal guard didn't look twice at their invites before letting them in. So much for tight security...

Percy took up two glasses of champagne from a waiter passing by and gave one to Dick who gladly accepted. Artemis grabbed a slice of cake off of the refreshments table. "Not exactly a wild crowd..." She commented quietly to the couple.

The palace courtyard, where the pre-coronation was held, was surprisingly under-whelming for such an important occasion. Except for a few world leaders and a small crowd of guests and waiters, there's really not much going on. The atmosphere was quiet with minimum chattering here and there. In the center of the courtyard, a large golden fountain sits towering over the heads of the guests, and there stood two large portraits of the late King and Queen in front of the fountain with large funeral wreaths propped up on either side of the portraits.

"Understandably so," Percy said heavily. "Hard to feel the aster when both of your parents have just been murdered."

"Trust us, we know the feeling," Dick said with a hint of bitterness. Percy laced her fingers through his and Dick gave her a reassuring smile.

Artemis sighed. "You think the two princes could have had something to do with their own parents' death?"

"I hope not," Dick answered. "But we shouldn't make assumptions."

"Hello darkness," Percy snorted. "But I agree, there are more promising suspects here," She nodded in the direction straight in front of them, at a man with glasses and a Hitler-style mustache. "Dr. Simon Ecks, a world-renowned geneticist, who, for some reason, has taken a low-paying job at the Markovian Children's Hospital."

"Maybe he just likes kids," Artemis said half-jokingly.

Barbra chooses this time to drop in through the contacts, showing Percy and Dick the man that Percy was just talking about was probably their guy.

"Yeah, maybe..." Dick said absentmindedly.

"Really?" An oblivious Artemis questioned. "I was kinda joking..."

Percy elbowed Dick in the side. "I-I mean, maybe he just likes to abduct kids and turn them into meta-humans. The fatality rate at the hospital is way above the norm."

Artemis nodded, a little confused. "What about the woman with him?" she asked, gesturing to the lady standing beside Dr. Ecks.

"Dr. Helga Jace," Percy responded, remembering seeing her profile in the file Barbra sent her. "Personal physician to the Royal Family. There's no indication she has the training for meta-work, but you never know."