Independence Day Pt 1

A: So, starting from this chapter I'm gonna include in Young Justice episode. Hope you all like it.

No one's POV

The ice-dude just had to ruin her big day.

"Why, O, Why must he attack today of all days!" Percy whisper-yelled to her best friend. Robin shrugged, taking out his birdarang and prepared to attack. Percy followed.

The Boy Wonder let go of his birdarang just as the ice villain's gun roared to life.

"Batman?" Mr. Freeze asked,  "I was wondering when-"

A ring of laughter echoed around the park. Two figured jumped down from nowhere and nocked Mr. Freeze off his feet.

"Oh, it's the kids. The Bat sent you to drag me off to prison? Frankly, I'm underwhelmed."

"Great, but I'm kinda in a hurry here!" Robin exclaimed. Percy smirked at her partner. Guess I'm not the only one who is impatient.

"Kids, always in such a rush..." Mr. Freeze growled.

"Uh, he's not talking to you," Percy said in a sing-song voice. The ice-dude turned and his eyes widened in horror as the Dark Knight dropped down from the sky and nocked the Villian unconscious.

"Can we please go now?" Percy whined. "Today is the day!"

"Today is the day," Batman said proudly, placing a hand on both Tidal-Wing and Robin's shoulder. A tiny grin on his face.

"Oh, man!" A voice whined behind them. They turned to see two speedsters running towards them. "I knew we'd be the last ones here." Wally pouted.

Percy snorted, "You know, it's ironic that you two are the fastest men alive yet you always ended up being late." Robin stifled a laugh.

KF rolled his eyes, "Good to see you too, Tidal."

They made their way towards the Hall of Justice. Tourists kept ohing and ahing at them, taking pictures and occasionally asking for an autograph. All the attention made Percy wanted to hide under a rock. Man, this is embarrassing. She walked closer to Robin and he smirked at her behavior. Shut up, she mouthed to him.

"Ready to see the inner-sanctum?" Green Arrow asked Speedy.

"Born that way, "Speedy answered confidently.

"I'm glad we are all here," Aqualad said.

"Have all five sidekicks be at the same place at the same time?" KF asked excitedly. Percy opened her mouth to correct that he and his mentor were in fact, late to the event. But Roy got in front of her.

"Don't call us sidekicks, not after today." He said forcefully. Tidal raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

"Sorry, first time at the Hall, I'm a little overwhelmed."

"You were overwhelmed, Freeze is underwhelmed, why isn't anyone just whelmed?" Robin wondered.

"That's because 'whelmed' isn't a word, Robie." Percy taunted. Robin stuck his tongue at her and she laughed. But the laughter soon died when they entered the Hall.

"Huh, maybe that's why..." Robin whispered.

They stopped in front of a metal door with the sign: 'Authorized Personnel Only' and it opened to reveal Red Tornado and Man Hunter.

"Robin, Tidal-Wing, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, welcome." They entered. "You now have unlimited access to our gym, our fully-stocked gallery, and our library."