Usual Suspects

Just a heads-up, this chapter was written separately on many different days with large gaps in between, so keep in mind that some of it might seem a little off or even a little wordy. Sorry.

Percy's POV

Percy trusts her instinct as much as she trusts Alfred's blue cookies. So to say, very much.

Since a while ago, she had realized that something was off about the Team. Now, it could have been that she had gone through some...intense stuff and her nerves have been on the constant edge ever since then, but the Team's weird behavior couldn't have been more obvious. Like right now she's stealing glances ever so often at Superboy, who was standing next to her as the team watched from inside the Hall of Justice, in the private area, as the large television played the live feed from outside.

"This is Cat Grant, reporting live from the Hall of Justice..."

Percy was half-listening to the report as she continued to silently judge the clone. Apparently, her gaze was too intense for a certain someone to get jealous of.

Dick nudged her and gave her a sour look. She gave him a cheeky smile in return, through her dark shades she could see the corner of his mouth twitched a bit. He didn't say anything but laced his fingers through hers.

Percy had no choice but to turn her attention back to the screen.

Being back at the Hall of Justice was in truth kinda weird, this is the place where the team first started their mission, to break free from their mentor's shadow. Yet, since the Team was formed, they have been working nowhere but in the shadows, nothing seemed to be different yet it is. And today once again, they are hiding inside while the Justice Leaguers are outside, welcoming new members into their midst.

"How different would our lives be if we chose to follow Roy out the door that day?" Percy questioned.

"Very different," Dick answered. "For one thing, we wouldn't have been able to go on so many of our awesome adventures together. We wouldn't have formed the team, rescued SB, and so on."

A moment of silence passed between them and Dick spoke up again. "But no matter what, I still will be able to get you in the end, after all that kiss didn't happen during our time with the Team." He smirked and Percy blushed.

"Hey, dating couple over there, stop talking!" Wally hissed at them and they gave him a cheeky smile in return. (This is actually a 'life-long' quote from my Speech class teacher who was also the Speech and Debate coach. Bless that old man who could sneeze up to 16 times in a row and who constantly refers to himself as 'the fat man' and who constantly ships you with another random dude in the class just because he felt like picking on you that very moment. Anyway, back to the story.)

"I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out," Percy said softly as she watched the man/boy in disguise, scratching his neck nervously.

"And I like the fact that there's a ten-year-old on the team," Wally added, shoving chips into his mouth. The said boy/man on the tv was rubbing his neck nervously as he stood next to his fellow Leaguers.

"What! There is?" Rocket, the newest member of the Team, snapped her head towards their direction. Dick elbowed Wally harshly on the ribs.

"Way to keep a secret, Genius..." he muttered.

"Hey, she's on the Team now, right?"

"Superman is now handing out Official League Membership Cards starting with Doctor Fate, The Atom, Plastic Man, and Icon..." Cat reported.

Rocket looked salty as her mentor appeared on the screen. "You know, I was the one who convinced Icon to become a hero in the first place, I should be celebrating with him! Not hiding away here..."