Humanity

Yeah, I know, it's been a long time since I've updated but if you follow me you would know that I've been busy updating my new book: 'Agent of Olympus' so that takes up the majority of my free time (the rest is taken by a bully named school). So here is the newest chapter, enjoy~

Dick's POV

After the events in the school hallway, Dick couldn't keep the stupid smile off his face at all that week. And it definitely served him well one afternoon when he was sparring Artemis. He didn't realize that the faked left uppercut she used was a distraction and got kicked straight in the chest.

Man, that hurts.

Percy laughed shamelessly at him while keeping Megan busy. She dogged a punch from Miss M and sprang back up and delivered a light hook-kick to her head.

Dick whistled under his breath. Percy had definitely improved a lot in physical combat. His heart raced at the thought of that beautiful girl over there had agreed to go to the prom with him.

"What are you daydreaming about, Boy Wonder? Thinking about our Wonder Girl over there?" Artemis asked with a smirk. Robin blushed and tried to cover it with a cough. Luckily Black Canary walked in just in time to save him from the embarrassing situation.

"Good work everyone," She said smiling at the young teens as they stopped their work together around her. "In fact, it has been a very productive week."

"Yeah, for everyone except for Kid Malingerer." Artemis taunted, glancing at Wally who was sitting comfortably on a reclining chair.

Wally choked on his drink and glared at the blonde. "Hey, arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here!" He waved his right arm which was well protected by a cast.

Dick rolled his eyes at the fifteen years old. He was pretty sure that the arm had mostly healed by now and even if he had an arm, Dick was pretty sure that pineapple juice wasn't on the list of doctor's recommendations.

Black Canary chuckled. "I've really enjoyed being your, uh," she tries to find the word to describe it. "den mother this week."

Just then, the Zeta-tube reared to life and the computer announced the arrival.

"Recognized, Zatara, 1-1."

The magician appeared at the end of the tunnel and began typing on the control panel right beside the tube.

"Acess granted. Zatanna Zatara A07; Authorization, Zatara 1-1"

A pretty girl around Dick's age stepped out of the light. She was definitely Zatara's daughter, Zatanna resembled Zatara in so many ways.

"Zatanna, this is the Team." the magician said to his daughter. "Team, my daughter, Zatanna."

Dick smiled kindly at the new girl when she made eye contact with him and the young girl looked away quickly with a light blush.

Megan flew forward to greet the girl and the rest followed in suit. Dick hanged back to wait for Percy only to see her standing behind him with a soured face. He blinked.

"Tidal, are you alright?" He asked.

Percy huffed and walked straight past him towards the rest of the Team. Dick scratched his head in confusion. What did he do to anger her now? He jogged a little to catch up.

"...It's so nice to meet you all," Zatanna said, smiling at them.

"Welcome to the Cave," Kaldur said.

"Er, thanks," the young magician glanced nervously towards her father and back again.

"Are you joining the Team?" Artemis asked.