Gala Headache 2

Percy's POV

The Wayne family are a mysterious species, for one thing, they had many personalities. One, their true selves. Two, the playboy/playgirl persona, and three, the Bat alter ego. Percy has one more personality: her demigod airs, but we are not talking about that right now.

"You know what, Birdy? You're right, the gala is a nightmare." Dick said, tugging at his shirt collar. Percy gave him a What-did-I-tell-ya look.

"I'm always right," she answers stubbornly. "Now hush, I'm trying to eavesdrop on Dad."

Percy peeked from behind the curtains to see Bruce making his speech about a new school year and stuff. Percy didn't care about that, she was more focused on her dad's introduction about them. She needs to make sure that the old man didn't say anything that would embarrass her and Dick.

"Oh come on, I'm suffering here!" Dick whined.

"Stop whining, bird boy. I'm suffering too and you didn't see me complain."

"Oh really? Then who is the one who had been complaining about her heels 30 seconds ago?" Dick smirked at Percy's blushing face. She opened her mouth to speak back but was stopped when Bruce's voice came through the curtains.

"...Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me to introduce my children, they are both incoming freshmen at Gotham Academy. Please welcome my daughter Persephone and my son Richard!"

Dick groaned at the sound of his full name but quickly composed himself as he and Percy stepped out from behind the curtains.

Time to put on the playboy/girl persona.

The crowd cheered at the sight of them. Percy smiled charmingly and the boys swoon at the sight of her. But of course, the Crown Pearl of Gotham was oblivious to this.

The two young teens stopped beside their adopted father. Bruce smiled at them whole-heartedly and turned back to the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let me welcome you again to the Wayne-Foundation Gala! And let the night begin!"

Dick's POV

Dick wandered around the crowd, smiling and 'politely' shoving away flirty girls that practically flung themselves at him. He is on his way to find Percy. Sometime during the first few minutes of the gala, he and Percy had separated.

Where could she be? He thought, frustrated.

His question was soon answered when he came across a bunch of young men all gathering near a pretty young girl. And that young lady was Percy.

She was standing in the middle, blushing light pink. Some of the young men tried to ask her for a dance but she refused them all politely. Dick made his way towards her quickly, he was angry but not surprised at all the attention Percy is receiving. She is pretty, Dick knows that in his heart, probably the most beautiful girl in all of Gotham. After all, she is half-greek and her father is a god, her eyes alone can make any man stop in his tracks and just stare at them. Dick knew this, he himself had done it countless times. The lively sea-green was a rare color for eyes, Dick often wondered if all demigod children of the gods have unnatural and beautiful eye colors. Maybe it's because their parents are gods and their eye colors reflect their powers and domain, and this trait passed down to their children.

Dick squeezes through the crowd of love-struck teens and comes to a stop in front of the daughter of Poseidon. Percy smiled at him, relief filled her beautiful eyes.

"Oh Dick, thank gods," She whispered to him urgently. "Can you please get me out of here and fast? I swear, if I had to endure this any longer I might just bring out my self-defense baton and beat these creeps to puddles!" She shuddered at the sight of their love-sick eyes. Dick glared at the crowd of young teens and put a protective arm around Percy. He didn't doubt that Percy might beat these guys up, Bruce had made him and Percy carry around self-defense weapons for a reason, and this is one of them. Dick is certain that Percy can defend herself just fine, but these creeps' eyes that made him disgusted, he hated when others looked at Percy that way.

"Let's get out of here, Birdy." Dick dragged her out of the circle, ignoring the dirty looks the other boys gave him, and started making his way towards the direction of their guardian-Bruce.

"Thanks Dickie..." The thirteen-year-old boy smiled.

"Of course Birdy, That is what best friends are for..."

But I wish we could be more than just friends...

This chapter is a little short, for that I'm sorry 😐 I just didn't have time to write more, cause school work is killing me...

Welp, I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Stay Safe everyone💜