Homfront

Dick's POV

Dick couldn't keep the stupid smile off of his face for the rest of the hour. Maybe Axel was right, maybe his Birdy does have feelings for him too. Dick couldn't wait until he could see Percy again.

He stocks his utility-belt and changed it into his suit. But instead of taking the Zeta-Tube in the Bat-cave to get to the Cave, Dick choose to take the telephone-booth near Artemis's place and record her reaction on his body-cam. It would be hilarious to see Artemis came up with an excuse of why she was in Gotham instead of Star City. Percy would love it.

...

Dick waited till Artemis was getting ready to head into the booth before jumping down and frightening the archer.

"Artemis?" He mockingly exclaimed.

"R-robin, I, uh..." Trying to stay calm, not bad...

"How random that you're in Gotham City, instead of Star City where your uncle, Green Arrow lives?" Dick asked with a slight smirk.

Artemis is physically panicking, which is more hilarious to Dick but he tries to act innocent.

"I'm-uh, here to see my cousin. She was in the state spelling bee..here...In Gotham...City." Terrible lie, but Dick pretends like he didn't know and just goes with the act.

"C-O-O-L. Did she W-I-N?" Robin asked the archer.

By this time Artemis seemed to have gathered herself up and was back to her usual confidence. "N-O." She answered.

"D-R-A-G." Robin spelled, unaffected by the annoyed look on Artemis's face.

"Yeah," Artemis huffed. "Let's just go to the Cave."

Satisfied with what he had captured secretly on camera, Robin bows slightly and said in a joking manner, "Ladies first."

"Your town. You go." Artemis insisted.

The Boy Wonder shrugs and opens the door and stepped in.

'Recognized, Robin B01'

Dick disappeared into the light. He can't wait to show Percy the footage.

He arrived at the Cave with his usual smile, but the grin quickly disappeared when a fireball was fired at him, forcing Dick to roll out of harm's way.

Immediately, he realized that something was completely wrong. None of his teammates or Percy was in sight, but instead, two strange, human liked shape creatures were firing at him with fireballs. Well, one of them is. All the smoke in the room made it impossible for him to locate the enemy and take him...it down.

'Recognized, Artemis B08'

Oh, no.

A fireball was fired directly at the incoming Artemis. "Get Down!" Dick yelled out to warn Artemis. She ducked and took out her bow but didn't know where to aim. So together with Robin, they fired aimlessly at the smoke, hoping to hit something.

"Who are we fighting?" Artemis asked.

"Don't know," Dick respond, starting to get very worried about their teammates and most importantly...Percy. "But we are sitting ducks by these tubes. Head for the exit!"

He shouldn't have said the plan out loud. As they were running through the hallway while dodging fireballs, A wall of water stoped their way forward.

"Or not." He mumbled. They tried to outrun it but of course, can't. Soon they were wet and coughing as they continued to run for their lives. Dick trying to contact Percy all the way as he ran. He tried to track her suit, no luck. He tried contacting her com, but there is only static. Dick just can't get through to her and that worried him very much.