Intervention

I will never leave the Magic Shop!

Dick's POV

The trip back to the Warehouse was one done in silence, mostly because everyone was tired out and was still partially dazed. As Dick pilots the Bioship, his eyes kept glancing toward Percy, who was sitting by the window. She hadn't said anything to him since they left the War World, no doubt she was still thinking about the teens and Arsenal.

Dick himself is still pondering over the same thing. Where in the world did those kids get a Father Box? Why were they there in the first place? Someone must have sent them there - someone with inside information - that's how they know who and where to search for since the WatchTower never made a public statement about the Team's disappearance in the War World.

Finally, they landed at the Warehouse. Immediately the Team dispersed, some went straight home, and others lounged out in seats and sofas. Nightwing went straight for the computers, dragging Percy with him.

"We need to talk," He said quietly. Stopping in front of the screen and turned Percy around so she was facing him. "About Arsenal and the four-"

"You shouldn't have declared out loud that Arsenal's off the Team," Percy cut straight to the point. "Yes, the boy made mistakes, ones that perhaps might have gotten us all killed-"

"You all went MIA for 48 hours!" Dick exclaimed, tightening his grip on the girl's arms. "Not to mention on an alien planet! A day more and you all will be declared legally dead in the League's book!"

"Yet you just had to fire him right in front of our saviors," Percy said. "I agree that being a part of a Team might not be suited for Arsenal, but you really could have done a little more privately. Maybe even wait until we get back, settled the teens, and then deal with him."

Dick scratched the back of his head, frustrated. "Love, I would admit I was not in my right mind when I did that, but he is a literal threat to you and the Team. What if something like this were to happen again? What if you weren't so lucky next time?" He sighed and met her eyes again, concern flashed through his bright blue orbs behind the mask. "I just got you back, there's no way in hell that I'm going to lose you again."

Percy exhaled before offering a small smile. "After managing not to get killed by gods for almost two decades, do you really think I'd let a little off-world mission end my 'finally-looking-better-life'? There's no way. I didn't crawl out of hell for nothing." She pecked Dick on the lips. "But I am grateful that I get to see you again. Being stuck in that stasis trap was not on my bucket list. But try and handle firing people a little better next time please."

Nightwing smiled and circled his arms around the girl and held her close. "I will." He pulled away to be able to look at her again. "Perse, after all this ended, I've been thinking of stepping down from the leader position and returning to being a vigilante. Will you join me? In safeguarding Bludhaven?"

The girl looked stunned for a moment at the sudden confession from Dick, but then she smiled. "Of course, Wonder Boy. Who else can you ask besides me? We're partners in crime. And honestly, I could use a bit of getaway."

"What is it with you and the 'partners in crime' thing?"

"It sounds nice."

He laughed, then his expression turned solum again. "But before we retire, we still need to figure out things, like the whereabouts of the War World's Crystal Key."

"The thing that powered the war satellite," Percy remembered. "But the League's guarding the chamber right now, if the Reach - whom I'm guessing are the thieves - can't get to the chamber, then the key is basically useless."